Wednesday, June 22, 2005
1.300
Yep, I gathered my courage this morning, as I am at the end of my period, and got in the scales. This is the amount of grammars I have gained the last 13 days and I have to tell you, I felt as pleased with my body as if I had seen a massive loss.

I do not know about you, but the worst problem I have ever felt I had as an obese woman was eating a lot for two days and gaining two kilos. For almost a year now, I have more or less maintained for long periods of time, and this has made me feel like a normal person again. I seriously do not consider this a plateau. A plateau is when you exercise 4 times a week, stay every day within your calorie/points range, eat the good stuff and still maintain the same weight. In simpler words, work your butt off and see no results. My butt has been working a little, but not enough to even dare and call my situation a plateau. But it is really wonderful to splurge in all the yumminess your heart desires and gain a normal amount of weight! Though it is utterly more wonderful to be a wise woman and get back on your treadmill and use your cooking skills to make diet yumminess and shrink the size of your well shaped but oversized arse!

Speaking of my arse, I decided to add a little something to my challenge, and this is using this firming/slimming cream I have got ages ago. Morning and evening. I started this morning. Don't I look firmer already? heheh

I'm in a funny mood today, as you may have noticed. (You did not? tsk tsk tsk). I am trying to remain positive and not get out in the balcony and start screaming all the "french" words I know. Things keep on coming up in my plate. My brand new stove who came on May 25, to be connected on May 30 and to be found defective during the show, to be replaced on June 2, is now acting up again. It took me 55 mins to boil water for Angelos' pasta last night! (look how subtly I distinguished Angelos' dinner from mine). So I spent an hour on the phone this morning (on the cell phone because do you think that the phone company has any sensitivity to even give me the date that they will finally grant me with the merits of a phone line?) with the after sales service of the bloody appliance and all I was left with was "Someone will contact you shortly". Well, this shortly has not come yet!

Then my mom has some little problems, my dad will have surgery on August, and my sister in law has problems with her pregnancy, she's due in 2 weeks and the baby has not gained weight in a month. Poor fetus is only 2.4 kg and on Saturday we will find out if she will have a premature c-section. Economy is tight, clients postpone payments, and I have to go to a premiere in a theatre tonight, because, hey, you are in PR, you do this kind of stuff.

Anyway, I should get back to work really. This post has been written in 3 hours and 16 minutes. As the time and date in the bottom of the screen says, I started it at 1.27 pm and it is 4.43 pm now. So I been writting a paragraph every ...ummm....39 minutes and two seconds. And this will be my excuse for its incoherency.

Cheers sugars!

Posted by Argy at 1:27 pm
7 Comments:
Blogger EMLB said...

Hi argy! Hang in there, hun! Sometimes there is an ebb and flow to what we can manage. Just do what you can, and eventually you will be back in the flow!

6:38 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheers sugar!

hehe.

i totally agree with your definition of a plateau :)

6:38 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

I want to come to your theater presentation, too!!! :)

1:58 am

 
Blogger Margaret said...

Well done on the excellent analysis of a plateau and acceptance of your small gain.

Your phone company sucks.
So does your stove company.

Sending lots of prayers and good wishes for your sister-in-laws baby.

I love silly days :)

7:22 am

 
Blogger Shannin said...

You haven't been hitting to Ouzo bottle have you?
Phone companies suck, no matter what country you're in.
Hope you get all the kinks worked out soon...

4:30 pm

 
Blogger Cat said...

its nice to fell normal once in a while, well done Argy! i hope the stove/phone messes get sorted and everything with your family turns out with a positive ending.

11:06 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Argy,

I have often heard about you on others peoples sites (All good of course) and finally got around to reading some of your journal. You are doing fantastic and have bookmarked your site to continue following your journey.

Cheers Jackie

10:44 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph