Thursday, June 09, 2005
Warning! This post will water your mouth!
I have been cooking darlings. Since the chicken on Monday, I have really been cooking. Like good all times. With energy and love and care and imagination and friskiness too! Cos I dunno about you, but food for me among other things is also a se(x)nsual experience.
So today will be recipes. Yummy things to make and feel like you are eating decadent food and yet loose weight. Like I did! 500 gr since Monday morning. Cool, innit? A number I have not seen in AGES: 86.7!
So, take a pencil and a piece of paper and write those down, because they are good!
On Tuesday I made...
String beans as a main dish
a kilo of string beans
4 big zucchinis
2 big potatoes
2 Tsp of olive oil
a bunch of parsley
a big red onion
500 ml of plain tomato juice
On a non sticking saute the onion and the parsley, both finely chopped
Add the string beans, the zucchinis and the potatoes cut in four.
Add salt and pepper, a little water, and the tomato juice.
Eat it with a little low fat feta cheese. It is super, summery, and fresh!
Yogurt devine icecream
Take 600 ml of yogurt. If you have a chance to find Greek Fage Total 0% fat yogurt, trust me and try it. It tastes like cream.
Take 4 dates, 4 dry prunes, 6 hazelnuts, 2 Tsp of raisins, a bourbon vanilla bean, 2 tsp of rum essence, 4 tsp of honey.
Cut the dry fruits and haselnuts in tiny pieces, add them to the yogurt, add the inside of the vanilla bean, the honey and the rum essence, beat them all together in your mixer, put them in the freezer for 30 minutes, and then in an icecream maker and beat them for 20 mins. Back to the freezer and in a couple of hours you will have a gorgeous, healthy and low fat icecream!
On Wednesday I made ...
Chicken skewers
Take 500 gr of skinless, boneless, chicken breast
Cut it in square chunks
Cut in big chunks the following: 3 bell peppers, 3 tomatoes, 3 onions, portobella muchrooms, and nectarines or peaches.
Take your skewers
Put a piece of onion first then peach, chicken, tomato, pepper, muchrooms, and so on and so forth
Grill them
When they are done, take them of the skewers and put all of them in a bowl. Then, in a shaker put a couple of Tsp of mustard of your liking, squeeze 2-3 lemons, a Tsp of honey, a bit of soy sauce, a tad of balsamic vinegar, fresh or dry thyme, salt and pepper, shake this till creamy, and pour it on top.
Enjoy
And tonight I am making...
Sword fish fillets in tomato sauce
On my trustfull oven tray I will just throw the fillets, and in my beloved mixer I will also throw about 5 ripe tomatoes, a bunch of parsley, an onion, 4-5 garlic cloves, then I will pour this on top of the fish, and will bake it till almost all liquids are absorbed and the tomato sauce has become a thick paste flavoured with garlic and parsley.
And because fish needs dessert, I will have a couple of guiltless scoops of the yogurt icecream!
Yes, I am happy lately, and since yesterday I am releived too, cos my mom will not have to have another operation. And most of my happiness comes from the fact that I am eating so yummy and yet am again (don't jinx meself now) loosing weight!
I am also considering starting a cooking blog. Would you like that?
Hugs and smiles!

Posted by Argy at 3:45 pm
10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you DEFINITELY should have a cooking blog. and call it "Loadsa Herbs" or "A Moaning Experience" ;) i would read it every day! can't wait to try these ones.

oh, and guess what, we weigh exactly the same number! hehe!

6:13 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

A cooking site would be nice but having you do all of my cooking for me would be even better! :)

7:08 am

 
Blogger Cat said...

oh a cooking blog is a GREAT idea! have a fabulous day :)

12:40 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you have such a way with cooking. How easy it is for you - its a gift, I believe, to be able to do this. Yes any cooking tips you can give out will help!

1:34 pm

 
Blogger Kate said...

Oooh I wish I could cook like you! It sounds beautiful. Yay for losing weight! Good on you! You sound much more like yourself now that you have settled down a bit from your move :-)

6:13 am

 
Blogger Kate said...

Oooh I wish I could cook like you! It sounds beautiful. Yay for losing weight! Good on you! You sound much more like yourself now that you have settled down a bit from your move :-)

6:13 am

 
Blogger InsaneMind said...

good title. because now i'm starving!!!!!!

10:17 am

 
Blogger InsaneMind said...

believe it or not, i've downloaded this page, and must have read it 5 times (at least)... and each time my mouth waters...!
excellent idea the cooking blog! and glad to hear that your mother is better. and that you've lost! (yes, in re-reading 5 times, i got to read it in and out several times! ;op)

3:12 pm

 
Blogger betsy said...

Can you move to America and cook for me!?!!!???

9:00 pm

 
Blogger Megan said...

I would absolutely read a cooking blog from you. I've already copied the recipes you've mentioned here.

Glad you're settling into your new digs.

4:46 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph