Tuesday, June 07, 2005
It really doesn't take much!
If only I could remember this all the time, I would have been 60 kilos by now and people would tell me "oh but you must eat something, you are so thin!" (yeah yeah...a girl can dream ;o)
But yesterday I went home early from work and decided to do the impossible. Read the manual for the new stove. Now you got to undestand that manuals and me do not go very well together. I am too impatient and read them too fast to really comprehend, so I end up having to re-read it. So usually, I do not read the manuals and try to find my way with the appliances by trial and error. But after the incident of the new oven, I decided I'd better read the manual before operating it for the first time.
You see, before leaving from home Monday morning, I took meat off the fridge because I wanted to grill something for dinner. I told myself that I'd be back on my good eating as of this week.
The new oven grills magnificently. It has a function called "Gratin" that is for combined veggies and meats. With a magical way, you put them all together, and by the time the meat is all juicy and done the veggies are also not burnt on the sides, like it used to happen on my previous stove!
As you may know, the first day back on track is a bit tricky. You drag yourself from fat overloaded kebabs to dry chicken breasts and then you want chocolate. So I thought I'd trick the trickiness!
Chicken breast is not my kind of meat. This is why I always mince it. I find it more edible in mince loaded with herbs and spices, than in its own. But I did not want mince. I wanted nice chunks of meat. So I got skinless chicken legs fillets. Yumminess. And threw them on an oven tray with portobella mushrooms, all kinds of peppers, a bit of curry and cumin, some dry thyme, salt and pepper. 40 minutes later we were eating dinner!!!
As soon as I had the first bite, I really felt stupid. It was so palatable and picuant and savory and scrumptious and spicy and for once more - will I ever learn - I got myself wondering why I succumb to take away kebabs and pitas when I can eat like that at home!
I ate a big plate full of goodies and if I was counting points it wouldn't have been more than 5! And you know what? Two more things! I had the leftovers for lunch just now and they tasted even better in room temperature after staying overnight in their delish juices! And I also had dessert last night too!
Greek 0% fat plain yogurt with my grape spoon sweet. Just a Tsp of this sweet makes plain yogurt a moaning experience.
Yesterday I got the same lesson again. Healthy and diet food can really be deliscious. And if cheating on your diet is for the pleasure of the taste, then there is no real reason to cheat anymore. All you got to do is take the little extra time it requires between just throwing a chicken fillet in the grill and cooking an ellaborate meal, and cook your fillet with love and an extra spice!
I been taking this lesson over and over again, and still, I have not yet learned it well. But repetition is the mother of knowledge and if I have to repeat it over and over again, I will, with the hope that at some point, I will fully learn it!!!

Posted by Argy at 2:20 pm
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...my mouth just watered from reading about your dinner! now i have a new recipe to try tonight! thanks for reminding me that eating well can be delicious. i get so lazy, then i go out to eat, but i always regret it.

6:05 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM YUM YUM. your oven sounds so cool! and i love how you say "a moaning experience". speaking of moaning experiences, i made scrambled eggs for breakfast the other day with your sundried tomatoes and herbs. SO GOOD. you are a genius :)

6:34 pm

 
Blogger Cat said...

mmm your chicken sounds devine. it all seems so easy isnt it? too bad we couldnt have these revelations everyday then we all would be so thin people would tell us to eat something ;) i should go make dinner now that im drooling lol have a nice evening pretty.

7:13 pm

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Chicken never sounded so delicious! Thanks for sharing

8:02 pm

 
Blogger theaddict said...

You know you are right, cooking healthy delish food really isn't that hard, but sometimes we still need to creep back to takeout and bad habits don't we? And, do you use just curry powder, or some other type? Do you add anything like coconut milk? Just curious. I love curry, but I hardly ever cook with it because I don't know how really without the bad stuff.

5:46 am

 
Blogger Denise said...

I think I need to come and live with you so that you can cook me yummy, healthy food instead of my running out for take out every night! :)

4:36 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph