Wednesday, June 01, 2005
June
June 1st, and besides the clouds and the showers, this can only mean one thing for this hemisphere. Summer is really here!

I just love summer. I love the sea, the sun, the sand that sticks to my toes, the open air movie theatres with the jasmines that make the air so sweet, the informal gatherings of friends in the balconies, the bbq's, the bare feet, the watering of the plants at night and the games with the water, the promise of the island holidays, the anticipation.

Since last summer, I also love summer clothes again. Soft fabrics that hug the body, colours that brighten the skin, perfectly pedicured toes in high heel strappy sandals, leaving an extra button off on my shirt, a bit of skin showing between the blouse and skirt, sun dresses, dare I say tank tops too!

Sometimes I feel like I am comitting sacrilege. There are some clothes I really feel should not be maltreated. Clothes designed for fit bodies. Like a short skirt. A singlet. A tank top. Low waist trousers. Plus I think that a person with extra weight should not wear things that will stress the problem. Surely I disagree with the tent concept. I really think that well fitted clothes look better on an overweight person than really roomy loose ones. But I am weird and peculiar like that. So I feel I should not wear tank tops. Or jeans. And then, I also feel I have earned the right to wear jeans again. Tank tops again. But as I said, I am really weird like that...he hee he

Things at home are still semi - functional. I will give it another week. Then I will fully resume, cos I'm sort of slacking now, regardless the hard work with the boxes!

Posted by Argy at 3:54 pm
5 Comments:
Blogger betsy said...

Oooooooooh baby, unbutton one more of those buttons and be proud! Happy summer day to you Argy!!!

9:40 pm

 
Blogger Cat said...

summer clothes are great! you should wear all the pretty lacey singlets & low rider jeans you want, you really deserve too and you'll look hot :D kiss the sea for me.

12:15 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

I feel so summery just reading your entry! :)

9:52 pm

 
Blogger kimba said...

Ohhhh summer. I need summer right now. 1st June to me is the beginning of winter. Cold, short days, long nights, grey weather. At least I can live vicariously through your blog :)

7:12 am

 
Blogger Wenchy said...

So weird reading about summer... sitting in winter time in Sunny South Africa!

8:56 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph