Friday, June 03, 2005
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pleasure (an incoherent post)
So it said in the box. And god was it true!!! The most velvety ice cream I ever had! And in my favourite taste too! Espresso!!! With chocolate bits infused with espresso too!
Yes, I been eating it like a maniac every night for the last three days. Just a big scoop. But every night!
So this morning, I woke up, and decided to go through the boxes and find the judge I been living without for the last week. Yes you are right. The scales.
Now you got to understand that since we moved I just pretended I did not know in which box the scales were. Because I had been such a meticulous mover and have written everything on the boxes. But I pretended I did not know anyway.
Eating has been weird. First, our house has been full of sweets. Every person who comes for a first time brings sweets! It is trafitional in greece to do so, so that the new home will be sweet. So, as soon as I wake up in the morning, I go to the kitchen to make my coffee and am overwhelmed with the light. Unfortunately it has been really cloudy and windy with lots of showers this week, so I get a little sunshine each day, but the light in this house is trully magnificent. So all happy I drink my coffee, and don't want to eat breakfast. Then I only had lunch at work on Tuesday. All the other days I forgot to eat. But then, I get home at night, r a v e n o u s!!!!
So I eat kebabs with pitta (mon), pasta (tue), pizza (wed), and pitta gyros (thu). Plus a couple of pralines on mon, cheesecake during the weekend, and the icecream the last 3 days.
Not huge quantities, but not good food either. So today, I decided to get on the scales, holding my breath, expecting to have gained a kilo or two. And can you believe it? 87.2!!! I have lost a kilo!!! Apparently moving IS a great work out!!!! And with the sweets and the icecreams all being finished at home, I run almost no risk now!
Plus as of today I have a stove again. And I say again, because the brand new inox fitment stove we bought did not work as soon as the electrician connected it. The thermostat button was ruined. So we found out on Monday, the technician came on Tuesday, they said they would replace the stove, so Thursday they brought the new and took the old, and today they sent someone to connect it. It looks fine, but I am still a little nervous about it. However, I am going to try it tonight and grill something!
The phone company still pisses me off. There is still some work to be done till we have lines, and this is not good. I miss my mornings with the internet and the blogs. Now blogging is not very easy, cos I have to do it from work, and work is kinda busy again. Thus the lack of daily updates and the lack of comments too.
Tomorrow we are going to IKEA and am really hoping for nice and cheap balcony furniture. Also I am hoping for gorgeous pots and tons of other things too! I am looking so forward to tomorrow's shopping!!!!
Now I got to do some work, and then read some blogs!!!!

Posted by Argy at 1:37 pm
6 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for the 1kg loss!!

I LOVE IKEA :O) Have fun shopping there!

4:53 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss :) Moving is definitely a workout!

7:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for the loss! Great work - I know the last two times we have moved I have had a decent loss too - must be all that exercise and carrying of those boxes!

1:18 am

 
Blogger Cat said...

great loss lady, moving must be an amazing workout!! have a great time at Ikea, we have a ton of stuff from there.. its so fun, youll have a fab time i know it :) happy weekend chica

3:32 pm

 
Blogger Shannin said...

I enjoy reading different traditions -- the first three things I bring into a new house is a brand new broom (to sweep your problems away), a box of salt (to signify that you will always have enough money) and a loaf of bread (so you always have food on the table). I like the ideas of sweets so there is always sweetness in the house.

Have fun at IKEA -- one of my favorite stores!

5:38 pm

 
Blogger Margaret said...

Congratulations on your loss.
Have a great week. Hope your lines are installed soon. :)

7:03 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph