Wednesday, June 09, 2004
How does dilemma taste?
I thought about it a lot last night. I dare say I thought about it long and deep. I came to various conclusions. First, dilemmas make us who we are in a way. Because our choices show who we are. From the t-shirt we wear, to the partner we choose to spend our lives with, to the professional path we decide on walking at,to the ripe tomatoes we pick at the farmers' market, to the colour of our hair, it all determines and all is determined by one thing: who we are.

Second, for me, as a woman who works towards loosing weight, dilemmas have a certain taste. "Should I eat this ice-cream or eat some melon instead?" "Should I add some grated Parmesan in my pasta or let the fresh tomato sauce conquer my taste buds?"

You see, I am waiting for my period. I am not PMSing severely this time, but I have huge ice cream craves.

Last night, I wanted one so badly. It was funny, because I hadn't realised it till my husband burst into a loud laughter. We were watching a debate in television about the Euro Elections and each and every break had icecream commercials. I was moaning harder and harder the more of them came. So he asked me if I wanted him to go get me some ice cream. My wise man is oh so nice and sweet the few days before my period...lol

I told him I want to think about it for a few minutes. So I got up and went to my study, sat down and thought about it. My dilemma: To have an icecream or to not have an icecream.

The sensational taste of bitter chocolate ice cream attacked my taste buds. God I wanted it so bad. I could imagine its texture, smooth, melting inside my mouth, the coolness of it as it would slip down my throat. And suddenly, I had another taste fantasy!

Salty liquid on my dry mouth. Yes. The taste of my sweat as I'm trying to surpass myself on the treadmill. The taste of sweat on my dry mouth, dry from the extra effort of the last extra 5 minutes on a higher incline.

My dilemma tasted salty yesterday.

Today, I weighed in. I am 89.8 kilos. I lost 1.5 kilo since June 1st.

This morning, while on the treadmill, I had a salty taste in my mouth again. Not the sweaty one just. The happy tear extra salty one.

Cheers for now. I got to go back to working because I will leave early to go to the organic farmers market :o)



Posted by Argy at 12:29 pm
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on breaking the 90kg barrier!!! And for resisting your dreaded PMS cravings. Dreadful things that they are! Amanda.

11:04 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you describe things!! Way to go on the resisting and on the fantastic loss!! wahooo!! Lyn @ www.journey2slimsville.012webpages.com

12:32 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph