Monday, November 14, 2005
Title-less
Actually there could be a title but I don't like starting the week with a whine. Or a rant. So I will save you from this.

Instead, I will tell you about the plan. And my lost pedometer. There is not a shelf, drawer, pocket, or handbag I have not looked at for it. And I still have not found it. So I am ordering a new one today.

As of tomorrow morning, I am waking 30 minutes earlier, in order to go out and walk more. This will not be easy you know. The alarm will go on at 6.15 and I know the first word to come off my mouth will not be a nice one.

As of tonight the replenished stock of the little hidden box will be hidden away by Angelos. Fullstop!

And there is a challenge too. Well, actually there is a reward.

I booked tickets to Amsterdam today. Which I will have to pay on December 19 or loose them. It is a good 5 weeks till then. I am going over my mom's tonight, getting on the basement, and getting on the scales. Boy how I dread this! But no matter what the number is tonight, I made an agreement with Angelos last night. If I have not lost at least 4.5 kilos by December 19, there will be no trip to Amsterdam beginning of January. Instead, it will be postponed to March. See, on January 6 is a public holiday, so we can leave Athens on the 5th, and be back Sunday the 8th. The next long weekend comes somewhere between the last 10 days of February and the first week of March, not sure when exactly, since it is a religious holiday 40 days before Easter and I am still not sure when Easter is next year.

You know how I adore Amsterdam and how much I adore Amsterdam shopping too. Well, unless I can squeeze myself on a 14, I am not going and I am not shopping.

If I am silly like that, needing a carrot to make my arse move and my mouth stop, let this be it.

But I am seriously fed up with myself!!!! Action must be taken. Or else I have to concsiously decide that I don't mind gaining weight because I enjoy eating more than I enjoy feeling slimmer and more active and fit. And honestly, I cannot decide that.

Have a great week!

Posted by Argy at 10:14 am
8 Comments:
Blogger Margaret said...

Whooo Hoooo what a plan. What courage. You can do it Argy. What women couldn't use a shopping trip to Amsterdam as a great motivator and incentive.

Good luck with getting out of bed in the morning. I still have not managed this trick. :)

2:13 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

I love you for your determination and strength of character, dear Argy. I so wish that I could join you on your Amsterdam shopping trip but I'm nowhere near doing anything about my weight and it's also part of our busy season in January, so that wouldn't work. I will, instead, cheer you on from here and look forward to the lovely photos!

10:27 pm

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Good luck with your plan. I must say, a shopping trip to Amsterdam would be damn motivating.

2:12 am

 
Blogger theaddict said...

You can do this. I need to take a leaf from your book.

12:43 pm

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

just dropped by again to say thanks for the tip about the body scrub. I'll definitely be trying it - sounds like a great idea.

2:47 pm

 
Blogger Shannin said...

I think that is a great challenge, and what a reward! I would do everything possible to lose the 4-5 kilos and get into a 14.

3:32 am

 
Blogger Kate said...

You can do it sister, I love your logic :-)

9:37 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrots are great---tasty, too! And they work most of the time...

3:11 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph