Tuesday, October 18, 2005
First day after...
...a good eating and exercising day. And I feel on top of the world again! Not that yesterday was perfect. I have experienced this so many times and it never ceases to amaze me. How the first day back on track is always hard. How a week of poor eating creeps on you without realising really. I thought last week that I would not stress about food as I had too many things to stress about anyway. And never it occured to me that I was simply about to break the chain of good habbits once again.

So I ate a few more dry figs than I should last night. But I had a good day overall and I power walked for 30 mins in the treadmill and then did also 7.456 steps in the pedometer the rest of the day, so I am pleased. It was silly I did not have my pedometer on while on the treadmill, but I'm going to put it on now that I will work out again.

I went to bed at 11, and woke up an hour before the alarm went on! 6 am and my eyes were open! Ever since? I have done a load of laundry, I have made breakfast for a very surprised husband to see me up (and functioning!) that early, have kissed him good bye, have put dinner in the oven (yes, back to fish, big red mullets with fresh oregano, garlic, bit of olive oil, and lotsa lemon juice) have gone to the farmer's market, and at almost 9 am now, I am ready to report here, then do the treadmill and shower and go to work.

So dinner last night was really yummy and also very appreciated by my bowels, so here it is, in case you are interested in something totally veggie for a nice cleanising dinner!

a kilo of fresh spinach
arugula
dill
greek wild herb i dunno how its called in english 1
greek wild herb i dunno how its called in english 2
many many shallots chopped finely
120 gr raw bulgur
9 tsp of olive oil
the juice of 2 lemons
lotsa black pepper
salt

Wash and cut the spinach in big pieces with your hands. Put it on a pot with no water and let it simmer so it gets all its liquids out. Add the finely chopped herbs and shallots. Add the olive oil, and about a glass of water. Let it simmer for a little bit, till the spinach is almost ready. Then add the bulgur and when it is almost done, add the lemon juice, the salt, the pepper.

Eat it with a bit of feta on the side or any other cheese you like.

Typical greek recipe is without the greek herbs 1 and 2, and with rice instead of bulgur, and it is called spanakorizo (spinach rice).

I have enough left for a nice 5 point lunch.

Right, I think I will go get the flowers in the vases now. Have I told you about my newly discovered farmer's market in this still new to me neighbourhood? It has a guy that sells flowers so cheap it is really unreal! I spent 15 euros on flowers weekly and with these money I buy:

6 big white star gazer lillies
a bunch of 10 burgundy chrysanthemums
4 bunches of roses (each bunch is 10 roses) in red, orange, yellow and white usually
10 zerberas

A house full of flowers makes my heart sing you know! Right, let's do the flowers, then the treadmill, then the personal beautification process. It is a sunny yet crispy autumny day and I am ready to live it!

Posted by Argy at 8:45 am
5 Comments:
Blogger Cat said...

so cheap for all those beautiful flowers!!! maybe markets are the best place to go, avoid flower shops at all cost ;) you sound very happy go lucky, its motivating!!

1:20 pm

 
Blogger betsy said...

So much accomplished before 6am! I love to have fresh flowers around in the house too, makes home a happy place! I wish I had access to all that fresh food, you eat some of teh best sounding stuff!!!!

3:57 pm

 
Blogger theaddict said...

Wow. And that was just your morning! What an amazing woman you are Argy. I hope the rest of your day is just a awesome. You inspire me.

11:14 pm

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow, your flowers sound lovely. Markets are great - I have one near me and I always get a bunch of flowers on the way out.

12:34 am

 
Blogger Mary said...

LOL you are on fire!! I love flowers too and enjoy getting them for the house :-) The simple things in life hey.

10:10 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph