Thursday, October 20, 2005
Farewell my pc
Not only am I running like a headless chicken between office-to-leave and office-to-go, not only have I to learn and absorb 345 bits of new information for 234354 projects running in the organisation, not only have I to give in writting my managerial approach to the President of the organisation (managerial approach?!?! where are my Bus Admin books?!?!?) but my pc at home finally died after 8 years of serving me to the spot without never been updated. Poor bugger, seriously was a museum item. I had gotten him when the first Pendium II were out. A smashing machine at his time. Now? Dead!

So my morning routine changed as of this morning. I cannot make my iced coffee and read blogs and comment and post. Not that I had time to do anything but read blogs lately.

So after the bad eating week things are back on track. Hard, but done. I get cravings for the most bizarre things, things I do not normally eat. Like fried calamari. Or cheese sticks. Or omelletes. I never liked omelletes! I have actually disliked them so much I think I am spelling them wrong!

And cos today I had lots of time in my hands, I walked again. 3.1 km to a metro station and then 1.8 km from the metro station i got out on to the office-to-go. Which felt good. And doable. I have been going there by taxi or taxi and metro. And it has taken me from 40 to 50 minutes. Well, it took me 53 minutes to go there by foot and metro, so if I manage to leave home at 8.45, I will be at work 20 minutes to 10. I was told today I must be at my office a bit later than my team starts work (they start at 9) and not later than 10. I think its a deal.

I have been told so many things about how the rest of the managers act towards their team there that I get a bit more nervous each time. I have managed groups of ppl before. Small ones mainly, but twice, the people under me were a lot more than the team I will have now. But always my approach was the same. After the first couple of weeks (a small testing period) we would all speak on a first name basis. This will not be the case now. The way things are in that organisation is that managers call their team by the first name, whereas the team reffer to the manager as Mr so and Ms so. There are ppl who are as much as 15 years older than me in this team. oi oi oi !

Anyway, I want to let you now cos I got to do some more work, with an amazing combination of two innocent things that together form a great dessert.

Grapes and dry figs. But listen carefully...hehehe. You got to have cool grapes, right off the fridge, and you have to cut the dry figs in small pieces, almost the size of the grape. And you have to put in your mouth a couple of grapes with a small piece of dry fig - please don't laugh Marla - and eat them together. Each way you look at it, texture or taste, it is a very interesting combination.

Talk to you soon I hope :)

Posted by Argy at 1:54 pm
5 Comments:
Blogger Denise said...

Odd the situation that has your team calling you Ms. while you use their first names, but if that's what's expected then it will just be a matter of getting used to it.

The grape/fig thing does sound interesting - might have to give it a try.

I wish we lived closer!!!

10:15 pm

 
Blogger Shannin said...

I would die if my team had to call me Ms. That sounds so formal to me.

I like your commute - get some walking in and on the metro you can read or just daydream.

Sorry about your PC, though. That's a tough one.

10:40 pm

 
Blogger Margaret said...

oooh a chance to buy a shiny new pc. Perhaps a laptop that you could take to the park and blog in the sunshine listening to the birds. How wonderful. That is what I would like to do.

Hope you have a lovely day Mrs Argy ;)

5:24 am

 
Blogger theaddict said...

I really miss figs. Even just thinking about them reminds me of my grandparents. They had a fig tree. I don't even know if I can find figs in South Australia. I don't think they have them. :(

2:18 am

 
Blogger Mary said...

oooohhhh, delish!

10:13 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph