Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Fish!
It still amazes me. The reason is really still difficult to understand. All it takes is one day of clean eating, and the next morning I wake up a new person. My face looks better. My stomach feels better. I wake up with energy.

Did you know that when you are asleep and your body has not had the time it requires to properly digest your dinner, it uses all its energy for digestion dropping the cell re-birth and other "maintenance" processes to their minimal capacity? Such a pity for the skin ;) Not to mention liver and kidneys and pangreas!!!

So yesterday we had friends over. For food. And they always expect something kind of fancy. Not rich necessarily, but fancy.

They were on for a surprise. "What's for dinner?" they asked as soon as they got in. "Grilled fish, steamed veggies, and home-baked whole grain bread" I said. "Yeah right" they replied, with that tone that showed they thought I was teasing them.

But as soon as we sat down to eat, and I begun to bring the plates and platters, they all got kind of serious. First came the steamed brocolli and cauliflower with a bit of olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Then the boiled beets. With crushed garlic, olive oil, black pepper, apple vinegar. Then the grilled tuna steaks, with rosemary, oregano, garlic, pink peppercorns, and lemon zest. And then mom's freshly baked whole grain bread.

They seemed disappointed at first. No rich sauces, no side dishes, no fancy stuff at all.

But they all admitted at the end that it is not bad to eat like this. They noticed that their taste buds appreciated the simpler, cleaner tastes. And they asked for more dinners like this!

As far as I am concerned, I never thought there would be a day that I would admit I had missed eating fish!

I will be back tomorrow :)

Posted by Argy at 2:02 pm
6 Comments:
Blogger Shannin said...

The tuna sounds great. I would have been very impressed with that meal.

6:51 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

What a wonderful hostess you are - I can't wait until I am able to visit and experience one of your healthy dinners for myself!!!

4:25 am

 
Blogger Suzy said...

Yum! I love fish. Especially if someone else cooks it.
That is the main thing I have noticed since making healthier meals - food tastes so nice.

5:01 am

 
Blogger Margaret said...

Wow. Argy changing the world. One person - and one dinner at a time ;)

Of course they loved it. It sounded so fresh and wonderful. I could almost smell it from here. Good girl for being kind to your skin.

Have a great weekend

2:05 pm

 
Blogger theaddict said...

Sounds amazing. I'd love to have you cook for me!

10:08 am

 
Blogger Mary said...

Your dinner sounds fabulous Argy! With eating before bedtime, I think it is important not to have had eaten something at least 3-4 hours before going to bed. It works for me :-)

11:54 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph