Sunday, January 30, 2005
Day Bloody 21!!!!!!
I did it me ladies!!!! I managed to finish this bloody detox!!!! I will call my holistic tomorrow morning and neeerh neeerh him over the phone!!!! He thought it was not possible for me to sustain this eating for 21 days during the cold days of winter...but hey!!! I fucking did it!!!!!

And I have been mighty rewarded too. Because I got on the scales 5 times already. In 5 minutes. I also called Angelos to see for me, in case I was misreading. Yes my sweets! Roll the drums!!! Today, Sunday January 30, at 7.30 am, I weigh 89.6!!!!! Eighty Nine point Six kilos!!!!!!! That is a 6.2 kilos loss during the detox!!!! Oh I could go out in the balcony and scream it out loud!!!!

I am extemelly happy!!!!! I am also proud and content!!! Because, hey...you know what that means? It means that my blog has the wrong name now!!!! Because I do not have 25 to go!!! I have 19.6 to go!!!!! Do you have any idea how wonderful it is to know you have 19.6 kilos to go, when a few years ago you started by having 60 to go?? Sixty kilos to loose!!! Oh how I wish I had a digital camera now and take a pic of the number in the scales to show you all :)))

I so know I can do it now. And I so know I wouldn't be able to have done it without you all!!! I wouldn't have managed to sustain this without Kimba's virtual hugs! Without DG's sincere "well done's"! Without arlie's compliments! Without Denise's friendship! Withour rebeka's help! Without Lynda's and Leigh's sweet words. Without Angel's support! Without Tracy's energy! Without LBTERA's reminding me all the time that living well is the best revenge! Without Yvonne's sincerity!Without Lee's caring! Without Karen's sweetness!

I am really proud of myself. And I am not holding back on it. I am not embarassed or playing it modest and not saying it! Because during that period back in the holidays, from December 22 to January 1st that I managed to gain the 5.8 kilos I really slipped back. I could not sleep. I was so sad and so worn out with my mother's situation, so discouraged and hurt, that I really slipped back. I became my old bad self. Eating like a maniac, smoking the occasional pot, drinking too much tequila, smoking 3 packs a day!

But it only lasted for so little time. Enough to make me realise I am not woman anymore. Whereas in the past it could go on. Like each and every year since 2001. I would fall during the holidays, and I would use the same old excuses to continue: oh...but if I start a diet now, then I will have to stop on January 7, because it's my brother's nameday! And then on the 18 its Natasha's birthday, and on the 25 its my partner's birthday, and on the 31st its my birthday, and then its Valentine's, and then the Carnival, and then March is full of namedays and birthdays and national holidays! And then April I would resume! And I would gain from 5 to 7 kilos during winter, and would not loose them till it felt that spring was too close, and spring brings summer and summer brings bathin suits!

But not this year! And not only have I taken action towards gaining some weight by loosing it back fast, but I have also cut down on my smoking so much! I smoke 2-3 regular cigarettes in the morning with my coffee, so that I go to the toilette, and then the entire day I smoke 4 - 6 thin cigars, you know the ones in the size of a regular smoke. Which is better than regular smokes because you do not get the nasty chemicals in the paper, since they are rolled in tobacco leaves.

And from February 9, this will be reduced to 2 morning smokes and 3 - 5 cigarillos. And this will go on till March 1, where it will be 2 morning smokes and 2-4 cigarillos.

I got to go get my shower and get dressed for the marathon. I am lookign so forward to it! The day is crspy cold but sunny and I just love me some dry cold with lotsa sun. It is my perfect winter weather! oh...AND!!!!

Sofia and Vangelis who are in Amsterdam since Thursday called us yesterday to tell us that we are soooooo lucky, because the sales end so much earlier this year! They end at February 9, which means that we will be there at the total clearance period. That means sales of 70% to 80% off!!!!!! Same like last year, only that last year we were there from Feb 26 to March 2!!!!!!!

Did you notice I am excited? And happy? And proud? And how blessed I feel for having you and my wonderful man and family and friends and health and a great group of people waiting for me in the marathon? Did you? Because in case you did not, I have to tell you that I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Argy at 7:40 am
10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on achieving your 21 days of detox.. and on the loss!!! *clapping loudly* and congratulations of forward planning not to gain it back and to cut down on the smokes. A wonderful achievement.

Lynda

9:32 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(jumps up and down for joy) Go Argy!! You are a legend!!
(hugs)
LBTEPA
remember, living well is the best revenge

11:53 am

 
Blogger kimba said...

I laughed out loud and clapped my hands when I read this - your joy and energy really comes through in your words. I'm so thrilled and happy for you Argy! Not only did you make it through what has to be the scariest-sounding detox on earth, you've cut down on your smoking (hooray) AND you got to your 89.x as well! WELL DONE. I'm so proud of you. You'll have so many things to celebrate tomorrow but the most important thing to celebrate is YOU. You're very special and don't you ever forget it ;) (((hugs & kisses)))

Oh and how good is that about the sales in Amsterdam! It must be a sign that you should most definitely shop till you drop. Can't wait to see your new boots! ;)

12:09 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for accomplishing this goal that you set out to do, despite all of the doubts that you could complete it from those around you. That is an amazing feat. Congratulations.

Your trip to Amsterdam is going to be marvelous. And you deserve such a celebration. Shop 'til you drop, baby! :)

Lee

4:20 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - well done Argy! That is fantastic news and I am so pleased for you! I had tears in my eyes as I read your journal as I am so happy! You throughly deserve that loss and we know you can keep on going downwards on the scales. Keep up the good work.. and take care

Karen
www.geocities.com/cuddly_nz_gal

7:55 pm

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

Hello 80's girl!!!!
Argy, I am so proud of you. You deserve every single gram of that loss! You can do anything you set your mind to, do you realise that? :) How exciting... I am so pleased for you.
Lisa xxx

10:03 pm

 
Blogger theaddict said...

Wow! What an accomplishment. I bet you feel estatic, I can tell, I know you do. Congrats.

12:25 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Argy!!!!!! Wonderful to see you so happy.

Lynda

3:41 am

 
Blogger Denise said...

Congratulations - I KNEW you'd do it. You are one of the most positive, energetic, supportive people I know, and, when you put such wonderful things out into the Universe, you will get them back, too. Many, many hugs for you, dear Argy!

6:35 am

 
Blogger Megan said...

I've been reading along during the detox, amazed by your dedication. Congratulations!

4:25 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph