Saturday, December 25, 2004
Merry Christmas!!!!!
7.56 a.m.

And I have been up for 2 hours already! Now I know why I love having Christmas lunch at my mom's! Because I wake up around noon, have a coffee, and then simply go there...lol

Mind you, I am so sleepy! Yesterday, we went to our friends house, with christmasy pj's on, and had food and wine, played games, ate chocolate, and laughed till the little hours. So I must not have had more than 3 hours of sleep last night, which is ok, because I am feeling all festive! (And nervous too, because I have never cooked a goose before)

And I was thinking about you all last night and made a toast for you too!

I was thinking of Lee a lot! Do you all know Lee? If not, you have no idea what you are missing. You can find her at www.bluezfire.org/mtg. Lee is an amazing lady, who is who I want to be when I "grow up" (I am older than her by the way, but not as much of a grown up as she is!)

She a wife, a mother, and a legend.

And I want to thank her here for all she has given me all this time I read her :)

So what I have to do now is the following:

I got to wrap the pressies
I got to wash the veggies
I got to prepare the green salad. (romain lettuce, kos lettuce, fennel root, herbs, avocado, pine nuts, cabbage, red cabbage, radiccio, and a honey vinegraite)
I got to prepare the beetroot salad...now this is a great one, want the recipe? (what a woman has to do to remain awake...lol)
Ok...cut the beetroots in small chunks. Put it in a plastic container with vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Let it rest in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours. Then get rid of all the liquids, and mix the beetroots with walnuts and lotsa yogurt! The colour is stunning and the taste...mmmmm....

Yesterday I made the mince pie, and the spinach and feta pie, and they are in the fridge waiting for their turn in the oven. My mom is making the turkey :) And the stuffing :) And I will make the wild pork soon. With tomato sauce, cinnamon, cloves, and other spices too!

I have peeled the new potatoes and I have them marinating in tangerine and lemon juice, they will go to the oven at the last moment!

I am so tempted to go and wake up the hubby. And watch Christmas cartoons in the telly! While smelling the goose roasting. Feeling all domestic and festive. And loving. And loved. This is what Christmas is all about, isn't it?

Merry Christmas to you all beautiful people!


Posted by Argy at 7:51 am
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm speechless.Thank you for the wonderful compliment, from the bottom of my heart.

*Hugs*

2:36 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, that was me -- by the way.

Lee :)

2:36 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph