Sunday, November 28, 2004
The worse is over
My mom had a succesful surgery! A long one too. They took her in at 7.15 a.m. and they brought her back to her room at 5.15 p.m. It was the longest, hardest, more painful ten hours of my life. I experienced so many feelings I am still trying to sort them out. Fear of loss was the strongest.

They removed her uterus, ovelries, tubes, celvix, cyst, and some glands. They cut a piece of her bowel and created a cyst out of it and they attached it to her urethra and she will NOT have a plastic bag attached to her thigh with her urine. She will be able to go to the toilette like nothing is wrong!!!!!!!!

Of course, she will have to spend at least two more weeks in the hospital. And it will be a slow recovery, till the new "plumping" system gets to fuction. But people...my mom survived the surgery and she is well !!!!!!!!!

She is in lots of pain. She has 5 tubes getting out of her body with all kinds of fluids and 6 needles supplying her body with other fluids. She is still in oxygen. But...did I say so already??? She is fine!!!!

The doctor said that she seems to be cancer free. He checked all her intestine, and all her other organs look perfectly well. Of course he will do the biopsies in everything he removed but told us not to worry, the worse is over!

I came home last night to sleep a little. I must have had 2 or 3 hrs of sleep in 3 days. And I am leaving soon to go to her. She had a horrible first night with tremendous pain in her belly. My poor mom, she was so strong. When she was moaning through her pain, she would do her cross (my mom is very spiritual and religious) and she would say...thank you god for being here and helping me, and she would sustain her pain.

I am so proud of her. So happy. Yesterday, as I was watching the sun rise from the window of her room, I realised that since September 1st, when she went to the hospital for the first examinations, it was the first dawn I was not up with the rush of panic in me.

I just wanted to tell you all. When the doctor came out of the surgery to inform us that things went great, I started calling friends to tell them the good news, and I really felt sorry I could not let you know as soon as I heard. I am so thankful for your support and friendship and prayers. You are right Denise. God hears!

Thank you all from the deepest of my heart.

I'll update when I get the chance to come home again!

Posted by Argy at 10:45 am
10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the worst is over and all is well for you and your Mum. I'll be praying for a speedy and safe recovery now.

Michelle

12:25 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your Mum is ok... have been thinking about her and you and the whole family over the weekend. *super big hugs to you all* May she have a speedy but safe recovery. Please keep us updated when you can but as others have said the internet is the last thing on your mind right now... Take care.

Karen
www.geocities.com/cuddly_nz_gal

9:41 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Argy - just got back from holiday to find you news here. I am so glad it all went well and that your mother will be well. Wonderful news for you!

Lynda

9:51 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Argy, I just read your post on Kimba's site about not meeting a fellow blogger as you are so far away.. don't count on that - I tell ya, I'm coming over one day and I will want to meet YOU!!! (and your mother - she sounds so wonderful)

Lynda

11:46 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is such great news... will be thinking of you and your ma! all the best for a speedy recovery!

dg

12:22 pm

 
Blogger Tracy said...

Great news, I'm so happy for you!! You and your mom have been on my thoughts thw whole weekend. Sending lots of get well soon vibes to your mom :)

5:41 pm

 
Blogger Steffany said...

Congratulations! Your mom sounds like an incredible woman, and it has been a blessing to read about her journey and also how strong you've been--and how much she has taught you about strength, too, from the sounds of it. I'll be praying for her.
Thank you so much for sharing about her successful surgery here. It's wonderful to know that you can finally breathe a deep sigh of relief.

11:41 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Argy

My name is Leigh and I met up with Lynda and Kimba on the weekend. they told me I just had to read your journals. They told me so many reasons why that I can't list but I can say they both think you are wonderful. I have to say I am sorry that I came on and read such a sad blog in that your mother is unwell. I understand what you mean about a sense of loss. Unfortunately my step father didn't survive and I have also lost a brother so I can tell you the sense of loss can be overwhelming. BUT in your case it looks like everything will be OK - your positive attitude will ensure that. I hope to hear some good news soon and look forward to getting to know you.

Leigh

http://www.geocities.com/pjmarty2003/

1:43 am

 
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Such things happpen in life. The best part is that they go away. Thanks thatit is over.

BTW, it is about your blurb. That is very strong. I liked it. Are you a journalist?

2:39 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid Blogger won't let me sign in. It's Denise.

I'm SO GLAD things went so well. I remember the pain my mother went through after her surgery and how hard it was for me just to see my mother so weak and small. It's a very odd feeling to suddenly be the one who is taking care of her instead of the other way 'round. Do be sure to take good care of yourself, too, because you can't help her if you're not up to snuff.

4:00 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph