Wednesday, December 22, 2004
I want to be a Stepford Wife
My husband's efforts to cheer me up have surpassed my imagination. Last night, he came to pick me up from the club event after I was finished, around 11 in the evening, and he had this wicked look in his face. "There is a surprise for you at home" he said. "Oh come on, spare me, tell me what it is!" I said. "No" where his sole word till we rached home.

So he had gotten me The Stepford Wives in DVD for me to watch and chill out. In my favourite way too. You see, when we get silly girly movies, he sits in his favourite armchair, with the little stool for his feet, and always comments and teases and makes jokes during the entire film. This, by the way, is not my favourite way. My favourite way is for him to sit in one end of the sofa, to put a pillow on his lap, put my head on that pillow, and have him totally silent when I comment with my ooooooooh's and ahhhhhhh's. But my poor possum was so tired last night, that after half an hour of quietly yawning, he took my advice and gladly went to bed, while I stayed to watch the remaining movie.

I swear, I was jealous of them. I wanted nanochips inplanted in my brain, taking out all concernes, making cooking and decorating and looking gorgeous my sole tasks for life. I was thinking that actually there are women like that. I know a few myself. That when they wake up in the morning, after following a religious routine of cleaning their face, showering, applying thousands of creams, different to each body part, then wear something beautiful, and drink their coffees in nice porcelain cups, reading (the greek equivalent of) Better Homes and Gardens, and they are so content. So stress free.

Ah well....

This morning I got on the scales to see two chocolatey kilos more than the last time I weighed in. This did not make me happy at all. All through this time, everytime I had the chance to get home for showers and clean clothes, I would weight in and see that I have maintained regardless the bad food I ate at the hospital, and feel good thinking that finally my metabolism has stabilized and I have become a normal person, where a bad meal or a bar of chocolate would not man a gain of a kilo. Ha! Tough chance mates. Not with the ammount of fat cells in this body!

So that got me thinking. First came the excuses. I got my period in the middle of the night, so that's definetely water gain! Ha! Tough chance again! BEcause I have see that when I am eating right the scales are affected by my period only for 200-400 grammars. Some more excuses followed, like, although things aren't good with my mom yet, at least I get to be at home and it is only logical - in my current premenstrual state - to eat bad and relax with friends and oh it's christmas coming etc etc. And this excuse would have worked miracles, if I had actually enjoyed my binges. But I had not. They were neurotic, stressed, angry binges. The kind of ones you eat things you even don't really fancy, just to chew hard, and let all your anxiety concentrate on the mechanic chewing of your angry teeth. Do you know what I mean?

So I had a banana for breakfast. And my coffee. And I will have some vegies for lunch. I will make some lentille soup for dinner, because today I have a phto shoot for a cover of a magazine for one of my clients, abnd then that's it work wise. So I will get up and go cook now, then shower and get ready cos the photo shoot will start at 2.30. And it is noon already!!!!

Yesterday my partner came to me and said that I do not look good. She said that I need a rest, and told me that after I finish with the shoot today, I can turn off my phone, and come back to work on Monday, after New Year's Day. That was a precious gift, that has made all the unfinished Christmas business that felt like a nightmare till then look more bright now. So tomorrow the entire day will be dedicated to shopping for pressies and the big lunch. Then Friday will be mega cooking day. Christmas Eve will be us and just our favourite couple of friends wearing fancy pj's and playing Trivial and Jenga and Taboo. Then Xmas day will be the big lunch, and the leftovers will be packed and go to our friends house and we will play more games.

Now I have all next week to relax and sleep, I feel some joy with having to do all this. Some. Not entirely. But I am getting there :)

Tomorrow I will wish you all a merry christmas!

Posted by Argy at 11:39 am
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, busy busy busy as always :) wishing you all the best for xmas argy babe! have a great one, you and your cutie hubby too!

(dg)

1:15 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

I just had to come by to see how you and your darling mother were doing. I'm sure she's still miserable. I remember my mother right after the hospital and it wasn't pretty for a little while. Of course you will have your weak moments when you don't want to be the strong one, you don't want to indulge her petulant wishes, but then you snap out of it and it's all OK. Give yourself permission to feel however or whatever you're feeling at the particular moment you feel it, because there's no rules book for becoming a parent to your parent, you just make it all up as you go. Much, much love for both of you!!!

3:03 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! How wonderful to have leave to regain your balance in life. Thanks for letting us into your little piece of the world via your blogg!

Lynda www.geocities.com/scottygirl_1

6:09 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, dear Argy! And may Santa bring you all that you wish for this year.

*Hugs*


Lee

3:46 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph