Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Inspired to confess
I read DG's entry yesterday. And I read Kimba's post today too. Both of these wonderful women spoke about the green eye monster. Jealousy. I was once again stunned by two things. First, I was stunned by their honesty. Second, I was stunned by the similarity of our feelings.
Both of them equally inspired me to confess as well.
I, too, read journals that make me envious. In a nice inspiring way. But envious all together. Right now, my jealousy is not targeted in how much weight these great ladies loose. My jealousy is based on their ability to follow a routine. Because routine means planning. And planning means success.
So here is my list of things I am jealous of:
  1. I am jealous of summer's entrance in Oz and New Zealand
  2. I am jealous of houses with gardens
  3. I am jealous of big parks and small rivers and nice little towns
  4. I am jealous of regular working out
  5. I am jealous of 8 - hour working days
  6. I am jealous of grocery shopping
  7. I am jealous of cooking
  8. I am jealous of the Core program that has not still reached Greece
  9. I am jealous of the rush of endorfines I have not felt in so long

Here. This is my list. I offer it to you to comment and critisize and honestly I think that it doesn't matter to me if you think I am a split personality that has gone from totally possitive and uplifting to completely gloomy and nagging all the time. Because, to tell you the total truth, sometimes I feel like one. It is very difficult to wear pink. Here at the office, I have two girls and a trainee who came in last week. I am using all my patience and calmness to them so that they will not freak out more that they already have. I am also taking the remaining of my being human to the couple of hours at the most I am spending with my husband. And all my positivity is aimed at my mom.

I just realise that I might sound a bit upset at the last bit of this post. The truth is I am. I received a couple of emails the last couple of days from people saying I have sort of disappointed them. They said that I was so ful of life and good energy but that lately I am always speaking about how tired I am and such. I was not going to bring this up, but it just flew over the tips of my fingers as I am typing this. I have no intention to apologise. I am going through a very difficult time in my life and if this is not amusing to you, you can always delete the link to this blog. I am taking full responsibility of my situation. I should have estimated things better and refuse a few projects. But since I agreed to take them, I am obliged to run them to the best possible way. So I got myself in this mess, and I am going to have to deal with it. And I will do it. The same way I got myself in a weight of 130 kilos and dealt with it. Still dealing.

Bottomline is, till the end of October, things here will be sporadic, with few updates now and then. These updates will most probably be about the madness I am in right now combined with some effort to follow a routine in my eating. Come back beginning of November for more uplifting stuff. Which will always depend on my mom's cure or lack of.

You ladies that read to this last bit, thank you for your niceness to read all through my venting. You know I love you, don't you?


Posted by Argy at 11:26 am
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find it EXTREMELY disappointing that anyone could email you to say they were disappointed with you. you are in an exceptionally stressful period right now, so many things you need to do, i think you are doing amazing to hold it all together as you have.

as for your jealous bits, i totally agree, especially the summer in Oz/NZ one :)

as always, thinking of ya and hope you're doing ok. (dg)

3:17 pm

 
Blogger Megan said...

I surfed on over to you from Diet Girl, and have read through some of your archives and I must tell you that you are doing an amazing job juggling all of your responsibilities.

I'm certain that in being self-employed and trying to grow your PR business you have set very high standards for yourself, and this is absolutely important but also stressful. It's completely understandable and normal that you are struggling to juggle all your committments to job, family and health. I'm rooting for you!

Megan

5:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with DG... I can't believe anyone would have the nerve to email you, expecting you to blow sunshine up the ar$es every day of the year. I don't normally post comments but I've been a reading of your blog for some time now and I'm always inspired by your attitude and strength. You are an AMAZING woman and you are going thru so much right now - I know you don't know me but my heart really goes out to you.

I do hope you realise that there are those of us out here who read your blog and see you as someone who is heartfelt and honest and well-deserving of the badge of 'inspirational', and if nothing else, REAL. And that is the best part so, no, don't apologise to anyone.

6:14 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello-

You're right, you shouldn't apologize for anything. I have been reading you since your third or fourth post and LOVE hearing from you. All of your ups and downs are real life, and the fact that with all of this stuff going on you haven't thrown all your progress out and gained is fabulous. People make the mistake of expecting on-line posters to be perfect and help them fix their lives; I love the things you bring up and the things you mull over and you inspire me, even when you're writing about life not going as well as you wish it would.

xo Heather

8:27 pm

 
Blogger NicoleFieldsPhotography said...

I just came across your blog and was shocked! Our blog names a soso similar! Just thought I would let you know. :)

3:32 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Argy.... you break my heart. Kimba, you stole my line! Can we all jump on a plane and come and give you a hug??? Do you know what you are? You are an amazing, strong woman who is doing what we all do at some time in our lives. We have to deal with illness and stress and pressure. We have to cope as the alternative is unbearable.

I am glad you are jealous of our summer coming because by God I was jealous or yours!!! (fair is fair. LOL)

Please remember we read your diary because you are human and have so much to say - good or bad.

Lynda. www.geocities.com/scottygirl_1

11:26 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argy, I'm so sorry that some people have no life and nothing better to do than try to upset yours. I swear, I don't know what gets into some people when they do stuff like that. I honestly believe that they forget that there are REAL people on the other end of these journals. Who have REAL lives. And REAL issues. And REAL problems. Just like everyone else. Sure, it's nice to be sunshine cheery and Polly positive. But life happens and there's nothing we can do about it --- only deal with it the best we know how.

So you just keep doing what you're doing. And those of us who really care about you will keep doing what we're doing --- standing behind you and offering our support 100%.

* Hugs *

10:42 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ... Um ... That last one was from me.

Lee *blush*

10:42 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph