Friday, September 24, 2004
Like normal people...
Our house is so beautiful when the soft sunset light enters the open windows. I have forgotten that. But yesterday, I was home at 7.30! I called my husband and told him that our house looks so gorgeous in that light. He laughed and said I was nuts!

After asking him what time he is supposed to be home, I took the folder where we keep all the restaurants delivery leaflets, opened it, and read through all of them. Thoroughully read each and every dish of about two dozen catalogues. I read them all to the point of literally drooling.

Then I called our favourite chinese restaurant.

We haven't eaten chinese all summer.

I ordered my hot and sour soup, his sweet corn chicken soup, and...

cantonese rice
chicken with black beans sauce
beef with wild mushrooms
teriyaki chicken wings
fried meat won tons
fried seafood won tons (with cream cheese if you can call this chinese!)
spring rolls
sesame shrimps

Then I put on my running shoes. Got on the treadmill. Did 25 mins. Then I took a shower, put on pj's, sat in the balcony, and was placing bets with myself who would show up first, my darling or darling food.

Well, both my darlings showed up at the same time. Perfect! I rushed my husband to the bedroom, made him get out of his work clothes and into something homey, while I was rushing to set the foods on the table.

And then we had dinner. Lots of dinner. Casually. At 9.00 p.m. Talking about this and that. Stealing from each other's plate. Discussing if we want to turn the TV on. You understand what I mean. We had dinner together. Like normal people.

I did not even call my mom. I did not went over her house before I went home. When we finished dinner, Angelos volunteered to put the dishes in the washer, so I took the phone and called my girlfriend. Then my mom. Then my partner. You know what I mean. Like normal me.

Then, we cuddled in the sofa and watched some TV. Again...you know what I mean. Like normal people.

We went to bed at 11.00 p.m. So normal!

And I woke up this morning at 9 a.m.

I feel new. I have had a very tough day at work so far, but I feel new! And I had breakfast too! An apple. And I had a salad with bits of grilled chicken on it for lunch. Soooooooo normal!

I had forgotten what normal is.

Now...having an appointment in 45 minutes (7.30 p.m.) with a shoe maker and a mad diva that will last at least 3 hours is not normal. Not on a Friday evening.

But then one cannot have it all... he he he

Posted by Argy at 6:26 pm
3 Comments:
Blogger Shauna said...

ahhh that sounds like bliss. hope you get some peace on the weekend :)

4:11 pm

 
Blogger yvonne said...

Hooray for normal!!!

XOX,
y

5:54 pm

 
Blogger Tracy said...

Way to go!! Oh yes normal is good. Many times casual moments can be the most valuable and give you the extra boost needed for survival :) Take care,
Tracy

3:53 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph