Thursday, November 24, 2005
A comic story
I want to share with you a comic story I read in a comic book somewhere.

The hero is Fany, a gorgeous and very well paid hooker, who always wears expensive designers outfits.

So Fany is sitting in the corner of the street, when she sees a couple passing by holding hands and looking oh so happy. She thinks to herself...oh how i would love to be this woman, look at the love in her b/f eyes.

Next strip, the couple passes by another couple where the woman is pregnant and the first woman thinks...oh look at this lucky woman, her boyfriend loved her enough to marry her and get her to have his child, not like mine who promises marriage for 5 years now and still has not gotten me an engagement ring!

The pregnant woman with her hubby go on walking and they pass by a woman with 4 small kids, who seems drained from exhaustion, bad hair, sloppy outfit, and ms pregnant looks at her and thinks ...oh how i eny this woman who already has 4 kids and knows how this is done, notlike me who cannot sleep at night from the anxiety of how i will give birth.

In the meantime the mother of four walks away dragging her offsprings and sees a woman jogging wearing a fancy workout outfit. "Oh how I envy her" she thinks "she has no care in the world besides her well being"

The jogger goes on running, and sees a limo stopping outside a big corporate building, and a very pro dressed woman holding her business briefcase, speaking in her cell, looking mighty busy and important. The jogger thinks to herself "look at her, oh I am green. she has a high position, she rules the world, people depend on her, not like me who all I do is being the pretty doll of a rich husband".

In the meantime the Ms. manager enters the building and sees the cleaning lady cleaning the wondows of the building, looks at her and thinks to herself "oh how I'd love to be her...she has a job with no responsibility, and at 5 o 'clock she goes home to her family, and no cell wakes her up after midnight to check on profit shares".

The cleaning lady looks outside the window she cleans and sees Fany the hooker, standing in the corner of the street, with her designer's sexy outfit and looks at her, and thinks to herself..."oh if I was not so shy when I was young, I could have been in her shoes, selling my body for big bucks, not having a care in the world about bills or cleaning other people's shit"

Interest cycle here, don't you think?


This story was part of an email I sent to a dear friend today, and I thought I would share it with you too.

Posted by Argy at 12:41 pm
7 Comments:
Blogger theaddict said...

You are amazing. I can't stop saying that. I wish I had the money to come see you. I have to give you a huge hug. I owe you one.

2:11 pm

 
Blogger Cat said...

makes me thankful to be right where i am... the grass is never greener on the other side, there's always something wrong no matter what. People just need to be happy with what they have and if they arent, stop wishing they were someone else and do the work to fix their own lives.
im going to go be grumpy somewhere else now *kisses*

10:31 pm

 
Blogger Kate said...

So true :-) Love things like that! Makes you realise you just have to be happy with the life you have, because someone around you will be envious of it!

9:10 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

We always want what we can't have, don't we? Good story, thanks for sharing!

11:20 pm

 
Blogger Dee said...

OH I absolutely love this! Perspective is something we all need at times. Thanks for sharing Hun.

4:24 pm

 
Blogger Shannin said...

Great illustration of how we tend to want what we don't or can't have. It's much better being happy with what we do have.

Thanks for the great reminder!

7:28 pm

 
Blogger Margaret said...

So what you're really saying is "is that I should just love my curly hair" LOL

Great post - lots to think about :D

1:26 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph