Friday, September 09, 2005
Don't just assume honey!
Thanks to Katey I had to read the pedometer manual this morning. I mean, I read it yesterday too, to set the pedometer. But I assumed stuff, because I read it the usual way I read manuals. Just the bold letters...lol

So at the bold Set the stride I read ... If you walk 5.5 meters in 10 steps then your stride is .55 cm. And I assumed that mine would be 50 cm.

I also had to set my weight. I also assumed that my weight is 91 (cos it was 91.3 on Monday).

I did not had to assume the time, I checked my clock. But Katey commented yesterday that her 3 km loop is only 4000. And Angelos always complains when we walk together because he says I walk too fast and have a long stride. Which counts for no romantic holding hands walks...hehe

So today I had to reset the pedometer. I had to look for the measuring tape, put a sign where I started, walk 10 steps, put another sign there, and then count the distance. 7.2 meters! Which makes my stride 72 cm and not 50!

Then I had to call Angelos. And explain why he HAD to tell me where he has hidden the scales. I persuaded him. Then I laughed with his creativity! He has hidden the scales inside the basket with his dirty gym clothes. It's his turn to do the laundry this week and he was sure I would not peak into his dirty socks!

Another surprise. Super pleasant one too! The scales gave me gorgeous number my friends! 88.6!!! This is 2.7 kilos LESS than Monday!!! Which means I most probably lost something last week too, and Monday's 91.3 was bloatbloatbloat!

So after all this I rushed to the shower, put on my clothes, and hit the road. I walked to work!

Now, there is something else than needs reset I think. Our car's spedometer! Because I had calculated some distances with it and they seem to be a lot less calculated through the pedometer! Which is good, cos that means that our car has run less km than the spedometer says, and bad cos I have been walking smaller distances than I thought!

Anywa, as per my pedometer, the route from home to work is 5.3 km. And it took me 63 minutes during which I walked 7,116 aerobic steps and 245 plain steps, a total of 7361 steps! So I guess if I take a 30 minute walk after work, I will be all set for the day!!!

I know I am making you sick and tired of my pedometer, but its so new and fun to me, that I am really really finding so hard to sit in my office and work. All I want to do is make this number of steps bigger and bigger!!!!

Tonight I am seeing my two bestest girlfriends! We met when we were 18, on the orientation day in college, and have been extremely close ever since. We still call each other from 2 to 10 times a day after 18 years. So the one who is hosting the gathering today called me and asked me what I want to eat for dinner. And I screamed MEAAAAAAT!!!!!!! hehehe

Actually my fish was deliscious yesterday, it was the first fishy meal I really enjoyed very very much!

Right, gotta go and get some more work done! Have a great Friday girlies!!!

Posted by Argy at 12:11 pm
9 Comments:
Blogger Margaret said...

I love that you are so excited about the pedometer. It is making me excited to get mine either set right, or get a new one. Whoo hooo on the HUGE loss and LOL at the fantastic hiding place for the scales. I would never have looked there. Have a great weekend and I hope you get lots of steak :) (though eating the fish could also be a reason for the loss)

4:57 pm

 
Blogger Shrinking Girl said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your girlfriends. Get togethers like that are always so much fun!! And congrats on that big loss, that's just terrific!!

4:16 am

 
Blogger theaddict said...

Thanks for your support and all your well wishes. I don't know what is going on with blogger, but hopefully you'll be able to comment again soon. :)

5:34 am

 
Blogger Cat said...

your pedometer sounds fun! i broke mine and swore never to buy another... oooo not just broke it somehow by accident i stomped on the damn thing out of frustration. maybe i should look into some anger management courses hehe *kisses* for the pretty

11:42 am

 
Blogger Kate said...

It's very cool to be excited about things. I love my pedometer still too! Well done on the amazing loss you clever girl! :-) Yay for eating meat!

12:36 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic weighin result!! Wowsers girly!! You must be feeling oh so slim!!! Keep it going! :)

12:20 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice weigh in...even if you had to go through stinkty workout clothes to get to the scale, lol.

If your stride is that long...I'd have to run at a pretty good pace to keep up with you, lol.

5:52 pm

 
Blogger InsaneMind said...

kuddos on the loss! that's great!
i agree with m on both count, first that you make a pedometer sound exciting (need to figure mine out finally!) second is that maybe the fish helped (and in which case, i might want to try a fish week!) :o)

1:28 am

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

No wonder you are excited about your pedometer, gadgets rule. I'd love a pedometer. Maybe a pedometer/mp3 player in one (I don't know if they exist but they should).

9:57 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph