Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Finally!!!
I got THE phonecall today! The phone company employee called me to tell me that on Friday, July 22, between 8am and noon someone will come to connect our phoneline. 9 weeks after we moved!!! I was a bit sarcastic to them, but excited all the same.

You know, all this time without a phone line and internet at home has taught me a few things.

Routines can change. Since 1997, my morning routine had been the same. Wake up around 8, make my coffee, go to my study, turn on the puter, and surf the first few months, chat for years, and blog for the last couple of years. Then, after 2003 some morning exercise followed, then the shower, and the dressing etc for work.

What happens in the mornings in chez AA is a totally different story! I still get up around 7.30 to 8, though I could sleep in, but it really took me months to get used to wake up at that time, and I do not want to have to go through this again. I am really, or used to be actually, a night owl, and I used to go to bed around 3am, and wake up at 9.30. The merits of working till 8 or 9 in the evening is that I get to go to work around 10.30 - 11.30. But it took at least 3 months for me to get used to sleep around midnight, so that I'd wake up around 7.30 or 8 the latest.

So now I wake up, make my coffee, sit in the balcony, enjoy the quiteness of the morning, then I water my plants, sometimes tidy the house, others cook dinner, others leave early and go shopping, for food or clothes or silly little things. But without the internet, I have realised two things: first, I think more in the mornings, when my mind is clear and refreshed after a good sleep and second, I am more "grounded". What I mean is that I am more into my role of being a 36 year old married woman with responsibilities at home and work.

I care about my house more. I plan my time more adequately. If I have a working day ahead of me with late appointments, I cook our dinner in the morning. I do grocery shopping in the morning. I go to the farmer's market every Tuesday morning.

Also, when I am not really able to sleep around midnight, I used to get up and get online. Now I just stay in bed till I fall asleep. I read my book or wake up Angelos and have sex (yes, my libido is visiting us again ;o).

This is a tough week for me. My brother in law got surgery yesterday. He had to remove a vein from his leg. And today Sofia is having surgery. Another fibroid tumour. And on August 2 my dad will have durgery. He has an ingunial hernia and another type of hernia and he has to remove them both. It is supposed to be a simple procedure with just an overnight stay. He is going to the hospital on the 1st, has surgery on the 2nd, and he is out on the 3rd.

But yesterday that I went to visit my brother in law, I freaked our as soon as the hospital smell hit me. I do not want any more hospital visits. I do not want any other member of our families nor our friends to have to be there!!!! I am really hoping that all will go perfect for all and that this will end hospital visits for me for at least a few years!!!!

What else to tell you....

Ah! On Friday morning I will not only get my phoneline, but I will have our BBQ delivered too!!! I am so looking forward to this, we never had such a big, almost pro bbq! I am really very eager to start grilling! And I am hoping that this will help me eat in a way that will make me loose a couple of kilos before holidays!!! And I think that on Saturday I will go shopping for a digital camera. Yes ladies, this means a photopost soon, of the new house, the red dress, etc!

Eating has not been good you know. It is so hot lately, between 35 and 40 Celsius. Than means that I do not want to eat anything during the day, besides cold drinks, like iced coffee and tea and water, but during the evening, when it sort of cools down, I want to eat pasta and icecream. I really don't want to eat anything else! And I want to eat pasta and then icecream too!

I have not gained more than that kilo I told you about. But when I maintain while eating what I want, I have mixed feelings. On one side I am grateful I am not gaining, and on the other side I get angry cos I don't lose.

I will not go again about how comfortable I feel and how this is not motivating me to lose more. Really, if you want me to be 100% honest, my soul and my body and mind are really tired. From the hard winter, from too much work, too much stress and fear and sadness, from the recent move, and from too much anxiety about the current surgeries.

I have never felt I NEED vacations more in my life. I need to regroup. Relax. Find myself.

I will be back tomorrow. This was all over the place again. Just like my brains lately ;)

Posted by Argy at 12:16 pm
7 Comments:
Blogger Tracy said...

Yay for the phone lines! How could it possibly take so long :-o
Morning routines are very important. I'm a little lost now that I have to leave to work one hour earlier than before, so I eat breakfast at the office. It's actually going quite smoothly though, after four weeks of practise :)

3:49 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... that's an interesting point about less time on the computer. i think we need to do more switching off in our household!

your house sounds wonderful, and you sound so happy to be there :)

5:35 pm

 
Blogger Mx said...

Oh, I can't believe OTE hasn't changed in all those years :) I hope you were sarcastic enough on the phone to them!

What you said about living without the puter and the internet for a while did ring a lot of bells for me as I can't stop myself and I hate it at the same time. I'll take inspiration from you and slow down a bit (she says while typing away on the computer!)

6:29 pm

 
Blogger Cat said...

and shes back!! im excited for your phone line and your new grill amd am REALLY looking forward to that photopost and seeing a lot of your gorgeous self :) best wishes for everyones surgeries, do keep us updated on their progress as it happens k *hugs* i definitely know what you mean about getting away from the computer more... im online a lot less and although it means i miss most chat opportunities with family & friends because of the time difference, its just a sacrifice for the size of my butt. talking on the phone once a week will have to do. we could all benefit from turning off tvs & computers more often.

11:38 am

 
Blogger M@rla said...

So glad you finally have the phone! It is interesting how your morning changed without the Internet - my morning routine is similar, so I would be lost.

Best wishes for all your family having surgery.

1:21 pm

 
Blogger Mx said...

Hi again. How did the surgeries go? Hope all's well. Perastika.

12:37 am

 
Blogger theaddict said...

I'm happy you get a phone line too! I miss your regular comments and entries. I know that time away is good though. I've had a phone line this week but have been avoiding with a capital A. I also seemed to maintain while I was away on holiday. I feel relieved, but still have 3 kilos to take off to be at goal. I don't want to spend the rest of my days at 3 kilos to go. I love your sunny attitude. I just love you Argy.

1:17 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph