Thursday, January 06, 2005
The Perfect Dessert
Yesterday went fine too. I ate as planned, I walked some more - 40 minutes brisk walk from work till I was totally out of breath then I took a taxi - and smoked 14 cigarettes too :)

But late at night, I wanted dessert. I started craving something sweet really bad. I think I put too many spices in the mince that filled my zucchinis, and it were hot! And hot food always makes me want something sweet afterwards.

Angelos wanted something sweet too.

I think I am going to go to the shop and get me something, he said.
Cruel Man, I replied
Sweet Woman, he said

Then there was silence as he was standing up.

Do you want me to get you something? he asked reluctantly

I stack my tongue out at him

But then I thought better. So I asked him for a yogurt. FAGE Total 0% fat. I know this gets exported in Europe at least, so if you see it in a supermarket, do try it. It is creamy, thick, velvety, and tastes like well beaten double cream without the sweetness.

Then I remebered the 30 points allowed in Core. And my grape spoon sweet. So I took a tablespoonfull of it, and mixed it with my yogurt. Heaven. Bliss. I was moaning and moaning. So much, that Angelos had one too, after his double chocolate chip ice cream! And was moaning too.

If you have grapes in season now, try to make it.

Take a kilo of grapes (I usually make 6 kilos, but try just with one to see if you like it)
Clean it well, remove all the stems or whatever they are called, lol
Put them in a pot
Take a small piece of chiffon or veil. Put there cloves, cinammon sticks, the inside of a vanilla bean, then tie it up and throw it in the pot.
Add 200 grammars of brown sugar.
Let it boil.
The grapes will get out a lot of juices, at some point you will foamy stuff on top. Remove it with a spoon.
Boil it for at least an hour. It is ready when it gets brownish. Then squeeze a few lemon drops, so that it preserves well, and when it cools, put it in a jar.

The sugar in it is not much, and you cannot have more than a tablespoon at a time. But it makes yogurt a whole new experience!

Oi...it is almost 10.45!
No wonder Angelos is coming in here all the time...lol
Time to hit the mountain to walk :)
Then undo the tree and the rest.
And then vacuum half the tree resting in our carpet.
I swear, it will be a fake one next year!!!!

Posted by Argy at 10:17 am
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to get Fage Total 0% fat yogurt, but they stopped shipping to the States :-( I LOVED it. You're right, it tasted like eating cream. And it's FULL of protein. Yum! tszuj (http://tszuj.diaryland.com)

8:58 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph