Sunday, January 02, 2005
The first day of the New Year...
was spent mostly sleeping and eating. New Year's Ever was spent with our favourite friends, in their house, since it is on the top of the hill, and we can watch all the fireworks from all neighbourhoods of Athens! WE were 8 people, all dressed up. We drunk sparkling wine before the turn of the year, went out to the balcony and watched the new year come with the fireworks, drunk champaign, then ate various kinds of cheeses, pita bread, various kinds of salamis, prochutto, smoked salomon, raw veggies cut in sticks, with more champagne, then we sat together and and I became annoying, by making each say what were their last year's resolutions, what were achieved, and what was not, made them make resolutions, and then we ate the sweets I made:

Missisipi chocolate mud cake with toffee fudge
Double brownie, with a thick spread of peanut butter in the middle, and covered in double chocolate fudge!

Then we played black jack, and laughed with our pig out, deciding to meet the in the evening, and clear the leftovers, promising to start on Sunday with our healthier plans (we all had loosing weight as a resolution. Some had 4 kilos to loose.My beloved friend has at least 70 kilos to loose. My husband - who needs to gain a kilo or two if you ask me - made a resolution about cutting on sweets).

We came home at 5.30 am, slept till 1 pm, then went to my inlaws for lunch, witch was lamb cooked with lettuce, shallots, herbs, and lotsa drill, and then covered on an egg & lemon thick sauce. I had nothing but this, and it was devine!

Then we came home around 5 p.m., slept till 8 p.m., then went to t our friends for the leftovers, ate them, played scrabble, and came home after midnight, watched a dvd and then slept.

I smoked 13 cigarettes.

But today, I woke up, spend a couple of hours cooking and preparing. I made mince from a lean piece of beef, and mixed it with onions, red bell peppers, shredded zucchini, cumin, curry poder, parsley, and dijon mustard, to make burgers later.

I boiled wild greens with lots of aromatic herbs and shallots (which we eat with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice).

I made taboule (i dunno how it is spelt, but it is oriental, and it is bulgour with lotsa parsley, onions, tiny cubes of tomatoes, tad of olive oil, and lotsa lemon juice.

I made my light version of quacamole

I sliced zucchinis, eggplants, onions, and peppers

In the meantime, Angelos was tidying up the house.

Then we got dressed, and took the bus (!!!) downtown, met with my brother and his family and another couple, my bro's best friends, and their baby too, and we went to all the christmasy little villages that are set up in downtown Athens, then we went to the votanical garden and played with the kiddies. Angelos and I then left, and we walked for an hour and a half through a lot of ancient sites, walking really quickly, then took the bus (!!!) and arrived home. It is around 4.30 in the afternoon, and we will now have lunch (the burgers and the veggies are baking grilled as I type this).

I have smoked 7 cigarettes so far, and after eating, we will play scrabble, and then he will take me to see Bridget Jones!!!!

Life feels good right now :)


Posted by Argy at 3:58 pm
2 Comments:
Blogger Lisa C said...

What a great few days you have had :) I'm glad, you deserve it.

11:04 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

If I lived with someone who could cook the way that you do, I'd never lose a pound! Wow, your menus are just amazing.

2:28 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph