Wednesday, November 03, 2004
A recipe for you
On Sunday evening, I had to go to the rehearsal at 8.30. My husband and I took a very late afternoon nap, a rather long one too. We both woke up on Sunday early - it always happens to us when the time changes - and after the party on Saturday, we were knackered. So we slept at 4.30 and woke up at 7.30 in the evening!!!

He was a bit worried when he woke me up. "Honey, its 7.30, you gotta get up, shower, get ready and go, or you will be late for the rehearsal!" I laughed and told him that he sounded as if I was rehearsing myself, that he sounded as if my being late for it would be a disaster cos noone else could do their job.

With this thought, I went to the bath, took a very hot, very long and very relaxing shower, then went into our bedroom, put on body lotion, new, comfy pj's, and went to the living room where he was watching tv, and told him. "I am not going there. I will cook for us. Don't approach the kitchen. Just light the candles!"

Hehehe...You should have seen his face. It lit up! He was thinking about yet another lonely evening at home, he was thinking of poor me working on a Sunday evening, and instead...a warm dinner with just us!

I opened the freezer and saw shrimps. Here is what I cooked, totally Core, and oh so deliscious!!!

You will need:

Shrimps
brown pasta (penne is a good option)
garlic
fresh basil
tomato juice
4 tsp of olive oil
powdered chilli
fresh grounded coarse black pepper
half a glass of white wine

Put the oil in a pot. Crash the garlic and saute it in the oil. Add the chili powder. Then put the shrimps on the pot, (whole shrimps, with heads and shells and all). Add the wine, and the tomato juice (a 750 ml bottle is just fine), some salt, and a glass of water. When it starts to boil, add the pasta. Stay close to the pot, cos you will have to stir it often so the pasta cooks and doesnt glues to the bottom of the pot.

It was heavenly! The pasta cooked in the juice of the shrimps and the tomatoes, and it was so tasty, you would not believe it! And the fresh pepper on top of it gave it the final kick!

Now, I would have stayed totally within my Core, if it wasnt for the remaining of that bottle of white wine.... ;o)

Posted by Argy at 6:18 pm
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah.. what a lovely surprise for your husband! and how delicious it sounds...

Lynda

10:39 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph