Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Recipes
You know what is brilliant when I am dieting? I get so creative in the kitchen that what finally goes into our plates is so delicious, that it amazes me why I am not constantly in diet! Of course, then I recall chocolate and other deserts *wink*

So today, I will give you some things I cooked the last 3 days while I am trying to find my way in Core :)

Spinach with rice

Take a non sticking pan, use some cooking spray or olive oil (but count the points for the oil out of your 35 flex ones) and brown a couple of shallots, a couple of leeks, and a big bunch of drill. Add a 500 gr pack of (organic) spinach, some water, and let it boil for 5 minutes. Then add a cup of brown rice, squeeze 2 lemons, add salt and pepper to your taste (but lots of coarse fresh grounded pepper makes it better) and let it cook till the rice is cooked and all the liquids are almost absorbed. We had it with grilled shrimps but its a great meal all on its own!

Chicken mince with stuff!

That was last night and it was brilliant!!!

Our mate the non sticking pan gets on fire again. Two garlic cloves get smashed and enter the pan. A yellow, a red, a green and an orange pepper get cut into small peices and join the fun. Same goes for bits of portobello mushrooms. When all of these start to soften, we add the chicken mince, preferably made by ourselves from skinless chicken breasts so we have no fat. We add some soy sauce, squeeze a lemon, salt, pepper, a little water, then add about a cup of bulgur wheat, cover it, or else the smells will make you try it hot and burn the tip of your tongue, like I did, and let it absorb all liquids till it gets ready.

I have also rediscovered the wooden sticks where you put chunks of meat with chunks of vegies and/or fruit to grill and they are always tasting better than just meat with veggies since the essences blent.

That is all for now. I have not been totally yelled at yet, and that has made my day! But I am still waiting since althought I told my producer, I am not sure he has told the artists yet. But TimeOut is on tomorrow, so my peace actually has an expiry date!

Cheers my sweets :)


Posted by Argy at 2:05 pm
2 Comments:
Blogger Shauna said...

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM! YUM YUM! definitely gotta try these :)

3:59 pm

 
Blogger DeAnn said...

I'm having the same kind of "Why am I not always eating like this?" revelations. Tonight, we had a stir fry of pork, fresh cut green beans, white mushrooms, and red onions. With a little olive oil. It was just awesome!!

10:17 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph