Saturday, March 11, 2006
Change of plans
I got a shock last night.

My boss is supposed to go to Belfast next Tuesday evening, to an international conference, of a cultural network. She will do a presentation in front of 300 delegates, she will host a round table for half of them. She will be the delegate of honour, since our organisation won the bid and we are hosting the 2007 conference in Athens. There is a Greek night planned to honour her. She will be back next Sunday.

She had a very serious appointment scheduled on Tuesday morning. Very serious one. They resceduled her appointment for Friday morning. The flight to Athens that leaves on thursday arrives at 4am on Friday.

She called me last night when she got the news about her appointment and told me I have to go in her place. I gave her other options. She insisted on me.

I am panicked. I dont want to go. How on earth am I supposed to do her presentation or her round table????? Where am I going to boil my apples and steam my brocolli? And I think there is no way she will give me the two days off I want to go to Amsterdam on the 23rd, since I'll be away from work all next week?

**********************

I weighed in this morning. 88.7. Nice 1.8 kilo of sea food and ouzo has gone down the toilette ;)

***********************

My nephew gets 3 years old tomorrow. Baby birthday party at 10.30 in the morning. Then back home, to post the already taken bathroom pics here and the traditional lunch of last monday pics there. Stay tuned!

**********************

I so dont want to go to Belfast!!!! Anyone cares to join me????

Posted by Argy at 12:49 pm
6 Comments:
Blogger Mary said...

Yikes! I guess you should feel a little honoured to be asked to go in her place but at the same time, you had your own plans. Damn it. Hopefully you can enjoy the challenge and I am sure you will be able to ask whichever hotel you stay in to boil your apples for you?? Fingers crossed.

Nice loss Argy! That's gotta make you feel great amongst the inconvenience of going to Belfast. Have you ever been to Belfast? I heard it's quite beautiful. Mmm, can you take your partner with you? Can you take a friend?

11:54 pm

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'd love to join you in Belfast if it were at all possible :)

11:45 am

 
Blogger Shannin said...

I would love to go, mostly because I was just talking to my husband about going to Ireland & London -or- a Med. cruise next summer...

You are going to do well in her place!!

2:09 am

 
Blogger theaddict said...

I have never been there but I would love to go with you!

3:28 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dude... i sooo could have come over and met you.. it's only an hour's flight from here.

just catching up after being away... hope you are doing okay, have been thinking of ya!

6:11 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

You will be a superstar if you end up going to Ireland and I will seriously contemplate a spontaneous trip to Ireland to join you!

6:32 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph