Sunday, April 30, 2006
The balcony
I worked yesterday. From one in the afternoon to eight in the evening. I should go today too, but I am not certain yet. Tomorrow is a non working day and I was thinking of honouring May 1st by working today and not tomorrow, but I still have to decide this.

When I came home last night, I saw this beautiful picture:



He had fired up the bbq, and was cooking the following: 2 porkchops, a steak, a skillet full of tomatoes, a skillet full of onions, and a sausage. They I had one and a half of the porkchops, 3 pieces of the sausage, and he had the rest of the meat. The onions and tomatoes were thrown in the tomato-fresh oregano-olives-rye rusks-olive oil- and a bit of feta salad. The warm grilles tomatoes and the grilled onions ever so sweet made the salad a dream.

So then I decided to take a few pics of our balcony, which is still in progress, but will soon be done and turned to our little private oasis!

Have a look at our babies!

Those are some of my herbs. Four different kinds of basil, the name of which I do not know in english, 2 thymes, oregano, spearmint, and sage. Somewhere else among the pots there is my rosemary and a bigger oregano.

This is the smaller corner with our camelia, the greek jasmin (I have an italian one too) and my gorgeous bougamvilea (or whatever it is spelled). We need to put a trellis up there for her to expand. We have bought it and have yet to put it up. Oh, and in front of the bougamvillea you can see my bigger oregano. This plant is never ending, we use a bunch of fresh leaves every day in our food for 2 years now!


Mind you, it has taken blogger a good 30 mins to upload these pics, so I am going for some snuggling now and Ill be back later to post the rest of the pics and also the rest of the food in the other neglected blog of mine ;)

Posted by Argy at 11:24 am
6 Comments:
Blogger Cat said...

happy sunday luv, your dinner sounds so delicious and summery! such beautiful balcony plants & herbs, you live in the best place for growing things :) have a good snuggle xox talk to you soon!!

3:05 pm

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Looks lovely and that dinner sounds fantastic :)

4:48 pm

 
Blogger Shauna said...

yum yum yummmm :)

and that oregano plant has served you so well! i tried to grow that once but my dog ate it, hehe!

6:09 pm

 
Blogger Shannin said...

What a lovely sight. Your herbs look wonderful. I've tried to plant herbs before but the dogs chow on them, although the mint gives them fabulous breath!

12:28 am

 
Blogger Margaret said...

Oh so lovely - and you deserve having someone take care of you.

Thank you for posting the photos of your herbs. They look wonderful, and delicious, and remind me that I need to pull my finger out and do it too :D

Have a wonderful dayx

4:35 am

 
Blogger theaddict said...

How fantastic! I think I am jealous. :)

12:14 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph