Thursday, April 06, 2006
News & decisions
Work is getting even more busy than I ever imagined it to be. I am never back home before 11 in the evening now. However, things are a lot better among ourselves and this makes the day go by faster and there is also some fun involved in the routine.

The bigger day has a lot to do with everyone's mood. More light, more energy. I just dont want it to get a lot hotter soon. I will have to make a very serious investment on office clothes again, since I dont have any spring/summer suits for work. And I do not want to make this investment in clothes in a size I do not want to be at any more.

My mom did her bi-annual tests. Everthing is fine. :)))

I had a very intense marathon in the weekend. Very very intense. The topic was love and sexuality. No need to list the ammount of chocolate consumed by all participants during the weekend. And Monday too!

But as of Tuesday, I manage to wake up at 730, I do not read blogs in the mornings anymore, and get on the treadmill for 40 mins. I eat my musli for breakkie, something fishy for lunch (sushi or tuna and tomato) and a good dinner (usually bulgur with mince or tuna and veggies). Have not weighed in in ages and I do not plan to. It is not denial. I can feel the couple of kilos in my belly, still sitting there waiting for my decision to let them move to the rest of my body or make them disappear. I choose the latter.

But today I decided to take a day off the treadmill and do some blogging. Mainly cos my shins ache so much. You know, the first thing I wanted to do when I got on the treadmill on tuesday was run. And I gave it ago. My knee killed me in 3 minutes :(

The treadmill decision had nothing to do with fitness and weightloss really. It is an attempt to regulate my sleep. Wake up earlier, get some action, hoping to sleep at a reasonable time. I suffer from lack of sleep lately. I get home, cook and eat dinner, and its already midnight. I chat with my man, watch some telly, he gets sleepy, I go to bed with him, cannot sleep, go back to the living room and watch telly, I get so sleepy almost ready to fall asleep in the sofa, return to bed, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I am all awake again. So I turn the light on, get my book, read a little, then I get very sleepy, turn the light off, and get all wide awake again. I know its called stress, lol. But I got to fight it the most natural way, cos I tell you, I am so tempted to go back to the "un-natural" one and it will be a bastard if I do!

One thing that keeps me going is that we are going away for Easter. Our Easter is on April 23, and I have taken Thursday, Friday and Tuesday off, which gives me a full 6 days to rest and enjoy. We are going to Sofia's village again. The weather forecasts are gorgeous. I expect to return tanned!

Right, this woman has to get to the shower, and get dressed very pro cos she has a meeting at 10.30 with the president, managing director, executive director, legal advisor, and financial director concerning our project.I got a few battles to fight and I at least have to wear my war gear ;)

Why dressing the part some times is as important as doing it? its strange and crazy but oh so true!

I miss you girls. I really really do!

Posted by Argy at 8:50 am
7 Comments:
Blogger Cat said...

i miss you but know you are so busy, exercise definitely helps in the sleep department. i used to use those unnatural ways as well but working out is so much nicer! you go kick ass in that meeting today, i know you will. kusjes xxx

12:04 pm

 
Blogger Paige said...

LOL, when I was a little kid, my dad used to call women's makeup "war paint". It's funny how true he is about calling it that.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who owns "war gear".

Miss ya!

11:10 pm

 
Blogger Margaret said...

Miss you too but know you have to do what you have to do. Wearing clothes for different occassions is like putting on a costume. It helps us to play out the part. When I put my tracksuit and sneakers on, my mind knows that it is ready for exercise. When I put on my jeans and a nice top it says "relax and have fun".

Your Easter break sounds like just what you need at this time. Good times with good friends. And not too much of the good food LOL.

Have a great weekend Argy *hugs kisses*

8:04 am

 
Blogger M@rla said...

I saw your comment on Diet Girl's about the 10-table tavern you want to open. Please make a reservation for me, Saturday at 9:00, I would like that nice corner table with a view.

2:04 pm

 
Blogger theaddict said...

I miss you as well. Sounds like you are doing well though. You make me wish I had a treadmill, and somewhere to put it... :)

1:07 am

 
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh yes, I will fly every weekend to your tavern alltheway from Finland, once you et me know you've opened :) Just stopping buy to wish you wonderful Easter holidays!

10:39 am

 
Blogger Mary said...

I'm glad to read that work is getting a little more bearable. Your sleeping pattern sound like my partner's too. I reckon it's because you guys don't have enough time to unwind! Hopefully soon enough and great to read that you are going away for Easter :-) I choose my clothes wisely too for effect, especially when it comes to work LOL.

8:30 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph