Wednesday, July 14, 2004
The Tank Top
Today I wear a white tank top. And today it is a normal Wednesday. I mean, I came to the office this morning, had one appointment at noon, have spent my lunch break with my assistant gossiping over girly magazines, then I have my therapy session at 8 pm, and since my husband is not coming home tonight due to a work thing, I will meet my two best male friends and go out for dinner with them.

See? A normal Wednesday as I said. Not a Wednesday I have off work, lingering all day at home, tending to my plants, watching movies, etc.

It is a normal Wednesday and I wear a white tank top! In public! Outside from home!

And guess what!

People were not pointing at me in the street screaming "Oh my god look at her arms!!!"

N., my assistant, said to me: I don't understand why I have never saw you on a tank top before. You look like a teenager on it!

I did not think she is trying to sneak her way into a higher paycheck when she said this.

You think Im crazy for saying all this, don't you? You see, I have never wore a tank top before, but in the safety of my house. Never ever in public. Never ever without a jacket. Never ever without being thin.

See, my arms are a big issue for me. I have always hated them. They are not nice and toned. They have stretch marks. They are big.

But the last days I spend some time with them. I think of them. I talk to them. I spend more time moisturising them. To give you an idea of how far I have gone, I admired their tan this morning. And it was then that I thought of something:

The parts of my body that need the most work, are the parts of my body I used to hate. Arms fall under this category. But hating them, neglecting them, denying them even will never solve their problem. As a matter of fact I was thinking that the more I deny them the more of a problem they become. So I decided to acknowledge their existence and show them to the world.

So spending my day on a tank top so far has taught me this: I am the worst, more strict judge for myself. Perhaps I should loosen up a little and treat myself like I treat other people.

And oh! Oh please, do not worry. I will not wear a mini skirt next!

Posted by Argy at 5:10 pm
4 Comments:
Blogger betsy said...

You are too funny, I am going to start talking to my love handles now because of you!!!

7:49 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay go the tank top!! You go girl!! you just reminded me that I'm not so conscous of my arms anymore. I too used to avoid anything shortsleeved, but not anymore. Thanks so much for reminding me :)

Lyn @ www.journey2slimsville.012webpages.com

12:21 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we are all a lot more judgemental of ourselves than others are. Maybe we should all be a little easier on ourselves.

Amanda @ http://alleycat76.diary-x.com

11:07 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! That's great news!

We all have our little breakthroughs we need to go through in order to progress in this journey. And believe it or not, wearing a tank top is up there on the top 10 list. Bet you didn't know that, did you? *grin*

Keep up the great work.

Lee
http://bluezfire.org/mtg/

2:28 pm

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph