Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Resurfacing
I fell asleep in the sofa, at 10 pm on Monday evening. Angelos probably woke me up and took me to our bed sometime after. I have no recollection. I woke up yesterday at 11 am, had coffee, and left to go to the farmers' market. All this time I was dreaming about this. Going to the farmers'market the first tuesday after the event!

As I was walking in the market, my eyes and nostrills feasting on the fresh produce, I felt human again. Normal. Female.

Taking care of my house, making sure that dinner is cooked on time, picking up flowers and putting them in nice vases sometimes makes me feel more feminine than a pair of high heels and a nice hair do. Yes, call me weird ;)

I napped for hours in the afternoon. And woke up at 8.30 in the evening, made stuffed aubergines with mince and herbs, baked in tomato sauce with caramelised onions, parsley and tons of garlic. Then I cleaned some small fish, made fillets, and marinated them in lemon juice, garlic and parsley. I put them on the fridge where they have to stay for 24 hours, and I was asleep at by 11!

My sweet cleaning lady showed up at 8 this morning. I was already in the kitchen, making ice cream. My first attempt on vanilla ice cream since I've been in this house. It has turned out beautiful.

Then I made some strawberry sauce for the ice cream. It is cooling now too.

I have 2 people over for dinner tonight.

I am making a nice arugula salad with the marinated fish and baked garlic, bruschetta with tomato, basil and garlic for starters, pasta with langustine for main, and the vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce for dessert.

I cannot really describe the serenity all this cooking and house work has brought me. I got rid of all winter decoration, got my sea shells and peebles out and put them where the dry pine cones and small pumpkins were, I filled my vases with tons of roses, and I like my house again!

Now, I will go buy the wine for tonight. And then return home and get another long nap. I say I deserve all the naps I can get my darling!!!!

Posted by Argy at 2:15 pm
10 Comments:
Blogger Kathryn said...

You really sound so much happier and you so deserve it too :)

3:28 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey woman :) Glad to see you back! So you really are resigning from your "new" job? Sounds like it has made "living to work" a forfront in your life and that is not good. Time to move on and find a job that allows you to "work to live" :)

Love all the cooking you do...is this a greek thing, meaning are children taught how to cook as a regular "growing up thing"? I mean...I rarely cook, nor want to, but that is because I really have no clue how to :) I can make normal foods and cook a good turkey or roast beef, but other than that, nothing from a recipe book, have I ever done...but get this, I own TONS of them :P

I hope the remainder of your day goes as well as the beginning Argy :)

4:50 pm

 
Blogger Denise said...

Ahhhh, you sound SO MUCH healthier than your last post - I'm smiling. I think you need to open up a culinary school and teach those of us who never learned anything about cooking other than how to boil water how to enjoy putting together yummy meals. I'd definitely sign on for a four year course of instruction!

8:17 am

 
Blogger Laura said...

I really like reading about how you describe food...it all sounds so fresh and delicious.

Maybe if you did resign from your job you could start a catering business - or work in a restaurant - or start a restaurant! Or come to Canada and make some wonderful food for me!

Glad to hear that you have had a chance to recover from that big event...

3:32 pm

 
Blogger Kate said...

I agree with the others - you sound so much happier, healthier, and so much more like the Argy we know.

Glad to have you back :-)
xxx

4:46 am

 
Blogger Margaret said...

Hello Gorgeous.

1 - Congratulations on staging such a wonderful event. I know that you have received your public acknowledgement from Ms Boss but I think you know that there are many other people who quietly applaud you for going about your job and not making theirs any worse along the way. You should be very proud of your actions.

2 - What a wonderful thing that you have 'Summerised' your house. It sounds clean, and clear, and fresh again. And your cooking (as always) has inspired me to get out and start cooking fresh again. Tonight I am making a soup from Mary's blog - it is cold here remember - but I long for summer food again.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Relaxing. Cooking. Entertaining. Eating. Loving. It is your time to unwind, physically and mentally, and then start the process of working out what you want to do. But for now - have fun :D

9:02 am

 
Blogger Shannin said...

You sound so much better - far more relaxed, that's for sure. I love the Farmer's Market - I may have to go tomorrow just to walk around and see the sights and smell the scents. And one can never have too many flowers in the house!

I did discover Greek yogurt last week - a local store carries fat free and I mix it with fresh berries and top with some granola. Yum!

3:48 pm

 
Blogger kimba said...

Ah finally I can comment (blogger was down the last 2 times I tried!)

"Taking care of my house, making sure that dinner is cooked on time, picking up flowers and putting them in nice vases sometimes makes me feel more feminine than a pair of high heels and a nice hair do."

I don't think that's weird at all - I can totally empathise with you!

It's great to hear you sounding more 'yourself', more refreshed, more relaxed. Good for you.

Hugs...

7:45 am

 
Blogger theaddict said...

Your life at the moment sounds lovely, and peaceful. I yearn for it.

1:00 pm

 
Blogger M@rla said...

So glad things are returning to normal for you. What a wonderful day, shopping and cooking.

12:30 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph