Saturday, August 27, 2005
School starts!
Do you get this feelilng after your summer holidays? A feeling stronger than in New Year's Eve, a feeling of a fresh start, a feeling of evolvement coming?

If you think that I have spend all my Septembers from the age of 5 till the age of 22 planning the new school year, you will understand why I am feeling stronger about September "resolutions" than the new year's ones. But luckily for you, it is still August, and although there are so many things in my mind already, there is still time to conclude them and put them down. But beware, I have returned with decisions!

Our holiday was magnificent. No, not magnificent. Superb. No, not suberb. There is actually not one word that can really describe it. From August 5 to August 10 we spent the first days in the island by ourselves, then on August 10 our friends came till the 17th, and then we were alone till the 25 we left. Alone so to speak, because through the 3 years we go to this small devine island we have made lots of friends with locals that we really feel like home.

We spent all day yesterday tending to our poor hurt plants. The cleaning lady who was supposed to water them (anf got generously paid for this too) did not do it the way I told her, every other day that is. She must have come every three or four days and then over water them. The result were 9 dead plants, 6 of the dried to death and 3 were so overwatered that the roots got rotten. And there are also 3 more plants that have little chances to survive. Then we cleaned the house, took the photos we had left earlier for development, and met our friends (who came to the island for one week) and saw pictures and had dinner and got all nostalgic about the dinners we had in the island.

As soon as I go back to work (on the 30th) I am going to scan the pics and give you photo post with all the things we did and see in this wonderful small piece of land swimming in the Aegean.

I came back from the island with a few things, some were gifts given to us as we were leaving by our local friends, some we bought. So I came back with sage and thyme I picked from my two favourite beaches, thyme honey, 1.5 lt of organic concentrated home made tomato paste, a kilo of fresh goat cheese, 5 kilos of wild kid (is this the right word for a small goat?), and 1.7 kilos more in the scales. But! Jeans are looser, and the test red linen shirt fits almost perfect now! So much swimming and snorkeling and walking and 89 stairs to climb at least two times a day to get to the place we lived, that my body has shrunk a tad. Still is disheartening to see the number up while I had Angelos telling me every day the last week that I must certainly have lost weight!

Right, I will leave you now and start a grocery shopping list. Our fridge is empty and there is only half a pack of basmati, one pack of whole wheat pasta, half a pack of lentils, and just enough coffee for a second one right now!

Although I would give a leg and an arm to still be in the island, I have to admit it feels good to be back so refreshed and calm and serene. So tanned too...hehehe. And you know, I have really missed you while we were away!

Posted by Argy at 9:57 am
4 Comments:
Blogger Cat said...

oo i missed you so much!! your holiday sounds magical, i cant wait to see those photos. i have never been on a summer holiday so dont know the feeling you have but its definitely contagious :) yes, the name for a young goat is 'kid' cute isnt it? im glad you are back xoxox

12:31 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, glad you had a wonderful holiday and feel refreshed, shame about your plants, I guess that's what people mean when they say they don't have a green thumb. I seem to be able to make anything grow heh (put in dirt, water, wait etc).

I've spent the last 7 weeks in Barcelona "working" it has really been a holiday with 50 hours of work as well heh. I can't wait to get back to Australia in 3 weeks time I'm sure I'll feel ready ot set some goals when I arrive home.

Jaime.

1:23 pm

 
Blogger lainb said...

it's great you're feeling refreshed because some holidays leave you feeling more exhausted then before you went!

i'm looking forward to seeing the photos!

8:31 pm

 
Blogger theaddict said...

I'm happy you had a great time too, and also look forward to the photos. I've got a few new ones posted, but still haven't done a fashion show. I think I will have a real photo shoot done of myself when I reach goal. How cool would that be?!? :)

5:22 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph