Thursday, May 05, 2005
Ten thousand steps
I always thought that 10.000 steps are not hard to make. That was before I actually owned a pedometer and the ability to count my steps. After 40 minutes on the treadmill, walking 3 bustops to work, going out for an appointment, and walking back to the office, and I was only at 7.456 steps!!! Angelos was teasing me on the phone and was telling me that I have a big stride and should make smaller steps, or else I'll end up walking in the middle of the night counting steps like a sleepwalker...lol

But seriously, it is not easy peasy to make 10.000 steps. And I really thought it was easy! I was certain that I was taking more steps than that a day. I was thinking that by the end of the day there would be more than 12000 steps on the pedometer.

But I managed to end the day on 10.035 steps. I went to my mom, and took the dog out walking. I have not taken the dog out walking in years!!!

Food was great too. After a few days of eating whatever my heart desired, going back to my salads was actually a treat. I stocked on veggies and herbs, and my partner, who spent Easter in Santorini island, brought me a real treat. Caper leaves. In Santorini they take the leaves of the caper plant in the spring, and boil them for 5 minutes, and then cool them, and put them in a jar with a little of spring water and vinegar. They are so yummy in tomato salads!

So for lunch I had a salad with rocket, baby spinach, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, strawberries and balsamic vinegar. And for dinner I had a salad with tomatoes, caper leaves, olives, onions, fresh oreganon, and rye rusks. And I had fresh organic strawberries for dessert, marinated in balsamic vinegar, stolen from Jamie Oliver too.

I really feel back to it. When my body is good to me, like it was after eating all this stuff for 5 days and showing a small, relatively, gain, I always feel I need to take super extra care of my body to reward it for playing nicely. I took a longer shower yesterday, applied body butter in the evening, and now, after the treadmill and the shower, I will start the operation firming creams.

I used to think that these creams are for size 10 women who want to get to size 8. I thought that in cases like mine, with lotsa lard and cellulite they would do nothing. But the truth is that I used some last summer and I could see a difference after 4 weeks. So I am going for them again!

Sitting here for more is not going to help my steps quota! I am going to hit the treadmill now, and I will post more later from work if it is slow.

Have a gorgeous day!

Posted by Argy at 9:11 am
10 Comments:
Blogger Tracy said...

"fresh organic strawberries for dessert, marinated in balsamic vinegar" /drool/ Strawberries are not in season until late June in Finland - I caaaaan't wait! I can't even imagine what capers leaves taste like, mm, must be devine.
I love the smoothness that firming creams give - I don't believe they work under skin, but they certainly make the surface look flawless. Add some self tanning lotion and maybe gold sparkle too (they sell that in tubes) and you're ready to bare the Goddess!

10:48 am

 
Blogger Kate said...

mmmm, your food for today sounds yummy!
I seriously thought that about my steps too when I first got my pedometer - I thought 10,000 steps? Easy! Well, these days it is, but not then!

11:36 am

 
Blogger Cat said...

do caper leaves taste like the capers? tangy and salty? mmm strawberries my love, the berries. im also getting into the skin firming lotions, it cant hurt anyway can it :) have a good day Argy xox

12:31 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture you paint Argy - and I am so happy for you that you are feeling strong and on top of things. Your body is beautiful and strong and I am glad you are getting to be friends with it again
LBTEPA
remember, living well is the best revenge

1:17 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your salads always sounds so divine! and i hope you get over the 10,000 step shock soon... awful, isn't it? hehe.

btw which firming creams do you recommend?

2:45 pm

 
Blogger Shrinking Girl said...

I was surprised by how few steps I actually took each day when I got my pedometer. Congrats on breaking 10000 steps!!

7:51 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Shauna...what firming creams? Can I get them in Canada? LOL.

As for the salads, they sound divine...package me up some and send 'em my way?

And strawberries with balsamic vinegar? Doesn't sound good to me, but then again...can't knock something til you try it, right?

12:35 am

 
Blogger Margaret said...

I think we will all be investing in little computers we can put around our necks and type our blogs whilst we are walking. I think if I walked for as long as I type every day - I would get close to the 10,000 steps. LOL I think I would crash into a lot of people too... Have a great day.
Cheers

2:35 am

 
Blogger Denise said...

I'd be afraid to try to get 10,000 steps in because I'm certain that I probably have no more than 2,500 on a good day. LOL

8:01 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was mortified when I first used a pedometer. ..
and that was only Yesteray! But this blog and its comments inspire me. So, I turn over a new leaf tomorrow.
I'm right with you on firming lotions and gells and use collagen gell under my moisturiser and base. IT Works!
Glad I found your blog.

Elizabeth [England]

ek.hatton@mac.com

3:19 am

 

Post a Comment



About Me
I have spent all 36 years of my life loving life itself and this will never change. I am a great lover of the smallest things. I am addicted to smells and I attach them to people and events. It is impossible for me to wake up without ice in my coffee.

Stats
Age: 37
Height: 1.68 cm
SW: 130kg/286lbs
CW: 86 kg/189.2lbs
GW: 69 kg/151.8lbs
Lost: 44 kg/96.8lbs
Left: 17kg/37.4lbs

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Previous Posts

Links
Kimba
dietgirl
Cat
Denise
Kate
ms ralph

Designed by
ms ralph